Thread: SPOT device found in canyon

SPOT device found in canyon

Was out with a group today and we located a SPOT device that was under a rock. There was someone else in the canyon ahead of us but they were gone by the time we got back to the parking lot so don't know if it was theirs. It was a single hiker as we were only following one set of tracks. The SPOT was clean and looks to be recently dropped.

If you lost a SPOT in the last few days hit me up sideband with info on where you believe to have lost it and the serial number or such. I have hit the OK button on it from my place so if your contact list gets a message it should have my location on it so you know where we are. We'll work to get it back to you. Such a great device, hate to think someone is on a trip without it.

jhillhouse at northwashoutfitters dot com
    Jared Hillhouse
    North Wash Outfitters LLP.
    Twitter: @North_Wash
    N.W.O. on Facebook
    "Great Adventure Buddies Make It Happen"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonbug View Post
    Was out with a group today and we located a SPOT device that was under a rock. There was someone else in the canyon ahead of us but they were gone by the time we got back to the parking lot so don't know if it was theirs. It was a single hiker as we were only following one set of tracks. The SPOT was clean and looks to be recently dropped.

If you lost a SPOT in the last few days hit me up sideband with info on where you believe to have lost it and the serial number or such. I have hit the OK button on it from my place so if your contact list gets a message it should have my location on it so you know where we are. We'll work to get it back to you. Such a great device, hate to think someone is on a trip without it.

jhillhouse at northwashoutfitters dot com
    Send Spot an email with the serial number and have them contact the owner :)
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Push the button. Someone will find it. (Seems the purpose of the Spot is kinda defeated if you lose it. )
    Life is Good

hit the ok and then send it to a friend and have them do the same. repeat. lets have some fun.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

6. Likes Canyonbug liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    Push the button. Someone will find it. (Seems the purpose of the Spot is kinda defeated if you lose it. )
    Ha ha. I already have pushed the button so at least the contacts entered into the system will know where it is at.

If no one contacts me in the next few days I'll contact SPOT and go that route.
    Jared Hillhouse
    N.W.O. on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonbug View Post
    If no one contacts me in the next few days I'll contact SPOT and go that route.
    I made contact with SPOT and we have located the owner and it is already on its way back to him. Thanks for everyone's help in being able to return this great device to him.

Incidentally I had a group in the North Wash yesterday doing Leprechaun Canyon and on the way back home the vehicle broke down on them and they had to activate the help feature of our SPOT out by the White Canyon bridge to get us coming out to help them and get the vehicle back in. Looks like an Alternator is gonna get replaced. Such a great device when no cell service is available.
    Jared Hillhouse
    N.W.O. on Facebook

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Nice update, Jared

Personally, I don't find the "OK" button to be something that I'd use ever, so I reprogrammed the "OK" button on my spot to say something like "Having car trouble, send mechanic" or "stuck but not injured, send help".

That'd be a shitty situation if someone found my lost SPOT Connect and thought they were helping me by pressing the "OK" button.