Thread: Mt. Gimili

Mt. Gimili

Gimili is the area's most famous mountain. It south buttress at 5.10, known to
    many. We had drizzle in the morning and slept in. We saw our first people in 3
    days as 3 folks came up to scout the route. They left. It cleared. We went and
    tried the thing. Aaron got to lead 3 wonderful pitches till it got too hard for
    me to follow. The poor boy, stuck with a slug like me. We rapped off and did the
    low 5th class east side route to the summit in the early evening, which was fun.

The next AM, with 2 peaks planned, we awoke to solid rain. Sigh! We broke camp
    and headed down to the town of Slocan, where we were greeted like old friends.
    Checked the net for forecasts and were left very depressed. The towns below all
    the British Columbia mountain venues we wanted to visit had forecasts of 1st
    90%, then days of 60% rain. Sigh! Even the BC coast range, western Cascades and
    Olympics were essentially the same wet forecast. Only Washington Pass in the
    eastern Cascades was reasonable at 30-40%. With great sadness....we had really
    embraced the idea of seeing these new Canadian ranges....we slunk back to
    America.

At the border, the guard wanted to take Aaron's pack apart. He almost hurt
    himself lifting it and then encountered the smelly socks. Aaron and I subtly
    smiled at each other, as he struggled mightily to not injure his back AND keep
    his dinner down. Canauckastan was great fun. We are eying it for next year.
    pictures?
    https://picasaweb.google.com/aramv14/MtGimili

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum