Thread: Sevier River @ Hoovers

Sevier River @ Hoovers

Water was very low The last week of July at only 208 cfps debated for several days about even going. Then we went all in. Packed up the rafts and the kids and ran out the door without looking back. We put in at our private dock behind my grandma's house near Hoover's Cafe. It was a good 5 foot drop from the dock to the water. Last time we went the water was only a few inches from the top of the dock. The first few miles was pretty slow as we expected. We observed many people playing along and over the river as we passed through the Big Rock Candy Mountain Resort. Many critters were spotted playing in and around the water. The View was great and the kids (6yrs and 7yrs) were surprisingly entertained. We only hit one sand bar, but scraped over many rock in the shallow water. Rapids were fun and not too crazy for the kids and everyone managed to stay in the raft. We got out at a camp site shortly after the waterfall (Big Daddy) and found a Geocache. The water past that point was very rocky. Deciding not to experience in the pinball effect we called it a day and got the kids back home in time for the BBQ. We had a lot of fun regardless of the low water and it was just right for the kids first white water.

2. Likes restrac2000 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Awesome, I'll bet those kids loved it. I'm really trying to take my kids down the Green from the dam but I'm not sure I can schedule it this year.