Thread: Trip partners for SW Utah Sept/Oct particulary Pine Creek,Misery, Bull Valley Gorge

Trip partners for SW Utah Sept/Oct particulary Pine Creek,Misery, Bull Valley Gorge

Hi. I'm visiting from the UK soon and this site was recommended to me for finding someone who may fancy doing any of these trips with me. I may be of use with a vehicle for point to point ones that require a shuttle

Would anyone with canyoneering experience like to do PINE CREEK or The SUBWAY in zion on sept 19. I have hiked all the zion trails but would love to do these but I've only rapelled 3 times and professional guide companies are not allowed in the Park, so I'd need someone to help get me through them - in return I can help with transport back to the trailhead and can treat you to dinner or pay for your accommodation or gas costs. I am fit and sporty but cannot canyoneer as everything was set up for me by instructors when I did it years ago.

Alternative that day a hike to the entrance of FAT MANS MISERY CANYON from checkerboard mesa. Its about 7 hours return with some non tech canyon exploring, but I'm not confident enough in my route finding to go alone

Those trips it would be just me

But with my friend we wanted to go down BULL VALLEY GORGE on Sept 26. But we re a bit unsure if the dropoffs will be doable or not so it would be good to have someone who knows how to use a rope just in case. As a thank you, we are happy to pay towards gas and or lodging
    And the same with TANK DEER CREEK on Sept 25 if someone thinks their vehicle can negotiate the sandy last 4 miles to Tank's entry point

Finally in Esacalante we are doing Fortymile Ridge TH through COYOTE GULCH to Hurricane Wash trailhead but it would be handy to share car shuttles as we'd only have one vehicle. And if someone wants to do NEON canyon to the CATHEDRAL we'd happily contribute towards dinner and lodging for lifts through the sandy road to egypt bench trailhead as I don't think without 4WD our car would make it and anyway rental firms don't let us go on unpaved road.

Would really appreciate help from someone with more capable car and or canyon skills than two soccer players from London tend to have ever needed to learn - and no one rents 4WD jeeps in escalante anyway.
    If interested, please email me direct rosskaniuk hotmail.com with the usual a with a circle between the rosskaniuk and the hotmail.com (sorry to be cryptic but the site won't let me put my email on until I've posted more) as I may not be able to check the site much til September. or text me with your email to 011447831314540

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement