Thread: Pfeifferhorn this time of year

Pfeifferhorn this time of year

I'm thinking Red Pine is the best route to do the Pfeifferhorn now that all the snow is gone from upper Maybird. Am I correct in thinking this? Any other ideas that might help me have a great hike up the PF?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Upper Maybird is a good route when covered in snow, but tedious when the snow is gone. Red Pine is best this time of year.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

The Pfeifferhorn is a death trap of loose rock after the snow melts when done from Maybird. I did it once with no snow from Maybird and never again.

Sent using Tapatalk

I edited my orginal post.... it should have read "The Pfeifferhorn is a death trap of loose rock after the snow melts when done from Maybird. I did it once with no snow from Maybird and never again."

Reading my orginal post again I noticed it could be interpeted several different ways.

Anyhoo.... the Pfeifferhorn is great from Red Pine this time of year. If you do try it from Maybird you want to use the ridge between Maybird and Red Pine, DO NOT attempt to gain the saddle at the head of Maybird, or you will be sorry.... if you live.

The North Ridge apprach is also kinda popular, but it is a technical mounteering route. It's been years but I seem to remeber it being about 5.6 or 5.7 and some loose rock.

Here is my route info: http://climb-utah.com/WM/pfeifferhorn.htm

7. Likes xjblue liked this post