Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LONDON 2012

Has anyone else noticed.....

Ryan Lochte - Great Swimmer... terrible at interviews

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

By me...didn't want athlete associate with this schmuck.
    Last edited by restrac2000; 08-03-2012 at 04:23 PM. Reason: By me

An Australian newspaper has sparked a potential diplomatic storm by rebranding North and South Korea 'Naughty' and 'Nice'.

The Brisbane Metro sneaked the joked into their coverage of the Olympics, where it featured on a medal table, charting the progress of nations competing at London 2012.

The 'rebranding' has attracted a wave of interest and is trending on Twitter, where some users have accused the newspaper of 'racism'.

Name:  article-0-145A7444000005DC-101_634x418.jpg
Views: 2617
Size:  52.6 KB

5. Likes savanna3313 liked this post
    Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Speaking of amazing talent.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/olympic...pic-debut.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Such an inspiration to other people who face the same challenges as he does. I especially think of all of the soldiers who have come back from war in this condition. I hope he can be an inspiration for hope and the future!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Has anyone else noticed.....

Ryan Lochte - Great Swimmer... terrible at interviews

As far as I'm concerned, he wouldn't have to say a word......

Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313 View Post
    Speaking of amazing talent.....
    I watched his races this morning, that was awesome. I'd like to see him advance a few more rounds just to watch him run.

Sent using Tapatalk

11. Likes restrac2000 liked this post

Phelps Drowns
    August 4, 2012

LONDON—American swimmer Michael Phelps, who earned 21 medals and became the most decorated Olympian of all time, drowned Saturday while competing in the last scheduled race of his career, officials for the London games confirmed.

According to sources, during the third leg of the 400-meter medley relay, Phelps, a very competent swimmer and 17-time gold medalist, began struggling in the pool, ingested a fatal amount of water, and subsequently died from primary respiratory impairment. He was 27.

"Though Mr. Phelps was swimming the butterfly at the time—one of his best strokes—he appeared to become distressed during his second lap and began wildly flailing his arms and legs," Team USA medical director Bill Moreau said at a press conference outside the London Aquatics Centre. “For the next 30 seconds, he furiously gasped for air while thrashing the surface in a desperate attempt to remain afloat.”

"After nearly a minute of his head repeatedly emerging from the water only to quickly disappear again beneath the surface, Phelps' body became limp,” Moreau added. “We would have stopped the race, but he was leading at the time."

Poolside witnesses reported that Phelps—a world-record holder in the 100-meter butterfly, 200-meter butterfly, and 400-meter individual medley—displayed all the classic signs of drowning: head low in the water, eyes open with fear evident in the face, and a complete lack of body control.

The three-time Olympian and world champion, known as the Baltimore Bullet and Flying Fish for his prowess in the pool, reportedly only had 25 meters left in his leg of the relay as well as in his entire storied career when he began choking on water and attempting to scream for help.

Sources confirmed Phelps appeared as if he was desperately trying to swim to the shallow end of the pool, but toxic amounts of water filled his lungs before he was able to do so.

"This is not the way I wanted Michael to go out," longtime coach Bob Bowman told reporters. "Maybe after 20 years of intense training and swimming, he just got tired and couldn’t do it anymore."

Added Bowman, "At least he drowned as the greatest swimmer of all time."

Michael Fred Phelps II is survived by his mother, Deborah; his father, Michael Sr.; and two sisters, Hilary and Whitney.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/phelps-drowns,29059/

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I'm not moderating..... just sayin' there's a Rubbish Bin version of this thread:

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...s-NSFW-Edition
    How come I cannot view this thread? Have I been banned? :-)

James

Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000 View Post

James
    Were you trying to view as a guest? To my knowledge, no registered user is banned from the Rubbish Bin. Although I do take requests

Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000 View Post

James
    Are you using TapATalk?

I've found that I can't see the Basement from TapATalk. Something happened during the last upgrade. It sucks because I can't read the political threads. :-(
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

Some of the names in women's Volleyball are killing me.....

Your safety is not my responsibility.

Dumbest sport in the Olympics.....

Anything involving a horse.

Sent using Tapatalk

BRAVO!!!! DC! That gal Ennis is awesome. My goodness...hopefully four years from now, when they're in Rio, the women will all be running around in G strings Unless of course, the morality police have their way and force some kind of dress code...say Middle Eastern inspired garb?

Speaking of Ennis, here is a healthy, beautiful woman and someone in the media made comment about her looking "heavy". Heavy??? I would like to be heavy like that - anyday of the week! Small wonder women and girls have such image issues these days.

HA! Suck it Canada!

ESPN - Alex Morgan's goal in extra time of overtime lifted the U.S. women to an improbable 4-3 victory over Canada in the Olympic semifinals

LINKY

Alex Morgan
    Name:  wpid-Alex-Morgan-SI1.jpg
Views: 15625
Size:  49.6 KB

Name:  alex-morgan-body-paint.jpg
Views: 5860
Size:  60.9 KB

Name:  alex-morgan_02.jpg
Views: 6952
Size:  40.9 KB

Wow, what a beauty. Now all they have to do is beat up Japan...USA all the way, baby!