idea about this...

--

SALT LAKE CITY

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Where have you been?!?!
    Chere'

"You can't have a business in the city of Boston that discriminates against a population," Menino said.
    Well, if Boston customers keep rolling in, then obviously you can!

Economics 101

I just ate here today in fact, the hot soccer mom population is always high.

There are enough gay topic threads on Bogley, it should have it's own forum.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    X2

Starting with Gay Chubby Dating

Chick-r-Gay?

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...big+gay+thread

p.s.

I love Chick Fil A and if such disconnected boycotts were anything but empty ego calories, I'd engage in one every now and then. As it is, I look forward to my next visit to the temple of fried chicken sammiches. Had my first one on Feb 12, 1970 - yay!

I've never eaten there, but because of this I shall now actively seek them out. They serve gays, they employ gays, and the owner is entitled to his opinion. Who do these stinking liberals think they are? I've said it before, "Big Brother" would be a democrat. I'll eat there now, not because I have a problem with gays, it's just to stick it in the eye of the fascists.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    I've never eaten there, but because of this I shall now actively seek them out. They serve gays, they employ gays, and the owner is entitled to his opinion. Who do these stinking liberals think they are? I've said it before, "Big Brother" would be a democrat. I'll eat there now, not because I have a problem with gays, it's just to stick it in the eye of the fascists.
    Big brother is already here - and he's all of us. See "Pogo"

13. Likes dmMatrix liked this post
    Gay

James

16. Likes dmMatrix, oldno7 liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Bwahaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Damnit Willy....

So for the past two mornings I've stopped there for breakfast...holy crap I never knew what I was missing!!! Seriously, the food is OUTSTANDING. Very fresh tasting, generous portions and the price is right! That place rocks! I highly recommend their sausage/egg biscuit, along with the tasty mini burrito. I'll have to pop in for lunch.

Glad to see their doing such good business...I have some gay family members and I love them very much, but I can't stand militant queers.

Chick-fil-a is never even going to bat an eyelash at all this. Do you know why? Because they make the best damn chicken sandwich on the planet and people will always be willing to sell their souls to get one, I know I have.

I love how all the sycophants throw so much hype and so buzz words like, " hate", "bigotry", and "discrimination", to try to create sensation. The fact is that in a short time, people will forget, chick-fil-a will continue to make kick-ass sandwiches and life will go on.
    If you ask me, the world is a better place with chick-fil-a...

20. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    http://www.businessinsider.com/vante...-for-it-2012-8

Exec Bullies Chick-Fil-A Worker, Then Promptly Gets Fired For It

[FONT=arial]

Adam Smith, former CFO and treasurer of medical supplies manufacturer Vante, caused quite a stir today when he put up a video of himself bullying a Chick-fil-A drive-thru employee in Tucson on YouTube.Smith berates the worker about her company in the video, which was initially titled

Hahahaaa.

Ok Ok I admit it. I initially shrugged and said "Oh great more gay threads" but this story is getting pretty interesting. A dude getting fired over a free water..... Can't stop laughing!
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

The boycott is interesting to watch. Though I would say its been mislabeled as an equality issue and seems to be more of a public airing of the schism continuing to develop within the Christian church.

Unfortunately, patrons on both sides have turned it into an media circus and act as major distractions. I too agree that the word "hate" is ironic in these events.

All for those people engaging in the political power of their dollar. That is always a success. On the other hand, this is a major failure for "marriage equality" as it seems to have become principally a success for the ultra-conservative patrons. Whoever thought boycotting them was a good idea politically should have taken a look at their websites location finder. They are located principally in regions friendly to their views.

Disturbing watching this story unfold from the lives and perspectives of so many different friends and forums. The vast majority of this forum are white males for whom this subject will always be an idea versus a tangible issue that effects them every day.

Was just interacting with other friends via Facebook and was truly challenged for the first time. I actually think the CFA boycott has been poorly executed and is for most people going to be a short-term commitment. It has come across as cheap and non-beneficial for both sides.

On the other hand, after reading so many posts from gay friends, this totally affects them in genuine manners. This Wednesday they watched as thousands of people stood in line for a company that donates money to an organization that fights against their equality. The watched as people stood in line and gave millions to a CEO that doesn't believe: they should be able to get married; have equal access to medical benefits and interactions; etc; etc. That is tangible and sincere. The patrons had a multitude of reasons for being there and I would bet the ideology of a free market played heavily into many (private companies right to choose). That said, echoing the words of a Christian blog, we (he said "the Church") failed on wednesday. So many in the nation put an idea ahead of real people. Wether that being those who yelled profanities at patron, workers and people of the opposite worldview. Wether that be the Christians who stood in line to support an idea versus recognizing or truly engaging in a christ-like behavior that put a real person above an idea. Or wether that be the liberal who screamed across the internet that this is all about "hate". Or the myriad of other options that provided no real solution.

The fact remains that I have a bunch of gay friends out there who are treated with less dignity, respect and given less legal opportunity than their straight counterparts. And that remains the outcome despite the media frenzy of an ultra-right wing Christian's world views or piece of fried poultry.

I would just say be careful with your words on the internet. I am all for calling out an individual for their actions. But it is shameful and dangerous to call out an entire group of people with hateful words. It has come from both sides and is truly ugly.