Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What has Pissed You off Today?

What has Pissed You off Today?

Fire away...let's hear it!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'll bite. A couple of weeks ago I ordered 7 Dell pc's and 7 Dell 20" monitors for resale to a current customer of ours, the US Military Academy at West Point. The pc's showed up here fine but the monitors went missing. I tracked the shipment from FedEx and they showed they had been delivered. Not finding them anywhere in the office, I checked the recipient signature which showed an unknown (to me) name. After calling FedEx, it was determined that they were mis-delivered to another company here in the building. So, I walk over to the other company where it turns out the receptionist was the one who signed for the 7 packages. She walks me down to their IT person who informs me that he had already distributed all 7 monitors to workers within the company. Aarrrgghh! He then tells me he thinks the boxes are still around and he can box them up and get them back to me. My response was, no, that doesn't work. We are re-selling these monitors and the USMA is very strict on the boxes being delivered having not been opened before and must have the original Dell packing tape intact. I remained calm but, questioned why nobody had read the labels on the boxes or looked at the packing slip. His reply was they get so much hardware in that it wasn't questioned. After that, I had to speak with the president of the company to resolve the issue. This is a 10million dollar a year company. I'm sure she wasn't happy having to deal with the issue. We finally resolved that they would order the same model of monitor and have them drop-shipped to my customer. When she brought up any price differences, I said, "Whoa! I don't care if they cost you double what I paid. That's not my concern. My customer just needs the same model monitor that they ordered. I've already paid Dell". Again, I was calm and polite but, pointed out that they really should read the delivery labels and packing slips. Still, I was pissed at this company and FedEx! Guuurrrr!
    Are we there yet?

Yikes Steve! What a joke!

I bought the new hero that came out today, Zyra. Then I had to buy some new runes to finish out my AP stats. Ended up spending 18,000 points. Emptied my bank. Been playing all day at work and haven't won a single game.

Your safety is not my responsibility.

6. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    Been playing all day at work and haven't won a single game.
    I think you meant to say "I have been playing all day at PLAY and haven't won a single game."
    Life is Good

8. Likes Deathcricket liked this post
    Here is one that got me pretty upset....

I went to take a nap on the couch and the armrest wasn't very comfortable.... ugh, I had to get up to get a pillow.

Then I realized my boy wasn't asleep so I didn't get to take a nap today..... GRRRRRR

Customizable Adult & Kids shirts, onesies, and More
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CheaperThanShirt

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Obama is in town this afternoon "politickin'" (as my Dad used to say) and traffic is snarled like a SOB!
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Firecrackers again tonight........

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Driving to Boise, Idaho today -- every bridge was under construction after we crossed into Idaho, and every bridge in Utah made my truck + 5th wheel catch air and damned near change lanes.

About 80 miles before Boise, we ran into a "Oversized Load" truck that took up both lanes of US84 and we were down to 40mph for quite some time. Finally found an exit to hit a Flying-J for fuel and ice cream cones, but 30 minutes later, found ourselves behind that same damend "Oversized Load" again.

Finally arrived in Boise, but had a KOA reservation in Meridian. Even though it was 7pm, we hit EVERY LIGHT coming into town. My transmission temp was approaching 225F, and the outside temps were above 100F (while they were only in the 80's in SLC).

Get to within 2 miles of the KOA, then suddenly, its 4 lane roads, but the navigation system takes a SHIT. We have to backtrack at least 4 times to find the correct route along a 1way road into the campground. Get to the campground, only to find that mine (and every other RV in the area) sits very HIGH on the LEFT (drivers side), so we need to level before we can disconnect. By now, its easily 105F outside, I'm tired, pissed and have had enough direct sunlight int the face.

We get the 5'er setup, disconnect the truck, then immediately set out for dinner. I search for a nearby Texas Roadhouse (its' 9minutes away.. but in Boise roads = 30 minutes away). We get there, to discover that the parking lots are designed for SMART cars ( and I have a huge Dodge dually). We go in, place our orders, when suddenly a group of ~8 high-and-tight wanna-be's walk by my table at least 5 times. I think they saw the military stickers on my truck and believe they wanted to "introduce" themselves, but didn't.

Get back to the 5'er after dinner, to discover that our AC + water heater blew the fuse, so inside the 5'er, its still a toasty 98F.

..still sweating the balls off typing this!
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

I had to drive to Lake Powell as the sun started going down. Its my first trip down here Now I'm going to be boating and chilling for the next three days. Man this really sucks. Lol.

You know what really pissed me off today?

NODDA

Today was as great as any other day.

You know what will piss me off the next day?

NODDA

Life is good and life is fair........

Oh crap was that my last beer?
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

How about spam texters? How do you get rid of them? We put our phone on the no call list, but text are still coming in. We have a minimal plan and get charged for texts.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    What has Pissed You off Today?
    Your face

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    Been playing all day at work and haven't won a single game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Your face
    Well, I was reluctant at first but you said you liked golden showers, so I indulged you.

Whiners:-) they have a way of getting to me.
    If you don't have anything nice to say....come and sit by me.

Dana & Thane @ Couchsurfing.org

Every movie Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock has ever starred in....except for the rare exception of The Matrix.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Every movie Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock has ever starred in....except for the rare exception of The Matrix.
    I have always loved The Matrix, but Keanu Reeves is so horrible.... How he ever became an actor I'll never know.

And now for my Angry Monday Post:

The one day I am in NO HURRY AT ALL to get a Fed Ex and also a UPS shipment they show up before Noon...... What the crap???? Every other time they show up after 5 p.m.

If I would have needed them today instead of tomorrow they would have shown up at 6.....
    Customizable Adult & Kids shirts, onesies, and More
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CheaperThanShirt

The multiple people who got into my lane at the gym while I was swimming laps to do "water aerobics" thinking they could push me out of the pool because they had a class that started in 20 minutes.. And those same people for getting pissed off when I asked them to either "swim laps or get the.... out of my lane"
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"