Thread: Lofty Lake with my boy

Lofty Lake with my boy

Finally I got away for a day with my son Saturday 7-21-12. He needed a 3 mile hike to fulfill a Cub Scout requirement so off to the Uintas we went. We went up to Lofty and then fished at Scout Lake on the way back. Sorry for the picture quality. I only had my old Blackberry with which to snap a few photos.

My son at the summit looking out over Scout Lake on the left and Mirror Lake on the rightName:  jackson summit 7-22-12.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  88.5 KB

Here we are at Lofty Lake. We had a little lunch and a rock skipping contest. Really nice flowers still in bloom.
    Name:  Jackson - lofty lake.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  85.1 KB

Back down to Scout Lake. My son has been watching "River Monster" hence the bent knees and arched back trying to reel in the gigantic 7-8 inch rainbow. Name:  jackson fishing 7-21-12.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  75.7 KB

Typical Uinta sky. Sunny one minute, rain the next.
    Name:  scout lake corrected 7-21-12.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  50.7 KB

The sky started to look ugly so we decided to high-tail it out of there. This is my son in my gortex hat and the poor man's poncho.
    Name:  Jackson poncho 7-21-12.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  194.0 KB

On the way home, the sky opened up and dumped. We could see a lightning caused fire by Deer Creek but the rain put it out almost as fast as it started. Shakes at Dairy Keen. Great day with my son.
    Life is Good

2. Likes Sombeech, oldno7 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Excellent pics and TR! Looks like your boy was having a good time.

That's a great hike. Got to know that area really well looking for Garrett a few years ago. Need to get back before school starts again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstone Addiction View Post
    Got to know that area really well looking for Garrett a few years ago.
    I didn't help with that search but I still think of that every time I go to that area. Tough deal for that family. My kids get a lecture from Dad every time we go to the Uintas to stay in the line of sight of me or the camp. Usually it is me that is in a line of sight of my kids. To lose a child in the mountains would be one of those parent's worst nightmares. Still breaks my heart to think about Garrett and his family.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    Still breaks my heart to think about Garrett and his family.
    Very sad deal indeed. Hopefully someday, someone finds his remains and put some closure to this. Kevin and his family have endured some incredible trials, but seem to be doing well.

Always great to do stuff with your kids. That is the best ever and times I remember most.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    My kids get a lecture from Dad every time we go to the Uintas to stay in the line of sight of me or the camp. Usually it is me that is in a line of sight of my kids.
    My kids were taught at a very early age how to survive in the wilderness if lost. Including how to build a fire, shelter, and many other things. I really don't worry much about them in the Unitas because they know what to do. At the age of 5 both kids could build a fire after a rain storm. Now when we go to the Unitas they both carry a lighter and knife and dad can relax.

Sent using Tapatalk

Awesome report! I love the poor man's poncho. I know that one well!