Thread: Happy Birthday Bo!

Bogley BigShot

Happy Birthday Bo!

2. Likes Sombeech liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Have a GREAT day--Bo

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Happy happy day Bo!!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Chere'

have a good one, bo!

Happy birthday Bo!!!!!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Hope you had a great day! Happy Birthday!!!
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

Hope you had a great Birthday! Thane
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

Thanks all! Had 2 great days leading up to the "day"! Saturday was a triple score for me with my wife and good friends Marina and Andy. Andy and I took off early and netted Pine Valley Peak first off, and then went over and ascended western Northgate Peak. Got home at a reasonable hour and then Andy and Marina took Maria and I out to eat for a very good meal and time at Painted Pony! Sunday was another early wake up to see if we could snag Flagpole and then descend Mystery, but clouds dissuaded us into just a casual descent of Mystery instead, with "Deven" Dean from all over the place?, Jeremy "deathtointernet" but hikes a lot with gorgeous women (sorry it was just us dudes), "Daco" Dave one of the Rats here at The Rat (at least he was awake for part of it?), Andy (mellowed from recent testosterone poisoning), and myself. Both days absolute perfect weather and even better comraderie! I feel fortunate to have great friends and reasonably good health. Cheers all!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

11. Likes Sombeech, tanya liked this post
    Awesome Bo! Happy, happy b-day!

Glad you had a great day, Bo but even more happy that Andy is now recovering.
    Did he join TPA(testosterone poisoning anonymous)
    I hope he gets the help he needs

I hear, in certain Utah communities--that 61 is the new 21

We're certainly looking forward to more birthdays with Bo in the future.

Kurt, For the sake of world safety, I have enrolled in a 12-step Testosterone Reduction Program. It's a totally immersive program so I've had to give up my 4-wheel drive vehicle, participate in calming meditative imagery, forego red meat, carry no sharp objects, cease to disagree with anyone over anything, forsake politically conservative views, discontinue working out with weights, and accept daily estrogen injections. Don't know if any of this has resulted in greater acceptance by the world around me but I'm certain we're all safer for it so I'll stay with the program until I have confirmation that I'm a changed man. Now we have to get Deathcricket enrolled so he and I can go through this on the buddy system.

I'm so glad to hear that you've come to grips with your problem.

I've heard rumors that deathcricket makes a "good buddy", not that theres anything wrong with that!!

Quote Originally Posted by tyro View Post
    Now we have to get Deathcricket enrolled so he and I can go through this on the buddy system.
    I really dislike being the "bearer of bad news", but I'm fairly certain that "Deathcricket" has been enrolled several times in this program and rejected as many? As viewed in the photo, maybe you could take him under your wings and with a gentle headlock get him to let go? If this doesn't work possibly with your mentoring the "role" could be reversed for him? 21 in Utah is actually 61? Best of luck for both you, Tyro and Deathcricket!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by tyro View Post
    Now we have to get Deathcricket enrolled so he and I can go through this on the buddy system.
    I've completed my first step! I attended the class and have my mantra memorized....

I will always wear a helmet, even to sushi bars with Bo
    I will never go to any sushi bar that doesn't serve hot Saki (rice wine)
    I will never go canyoneering with anyone who doesn't wear a helmet, and publically make comments about anyone who doesn't conform
    Stunt rappelling is not cool, at no time should anyone go upside down on a free-hang
    It's tough and I get twitchy typing fingers.... But I try to take it one day at a time. I sleep with my harness on and that also seems to help a bit.

Seriously though, Happy Birthday Bo! You are an inspiration and a legend! I really appreciate all the experience and tips you have passed down to me over the years. Starting with my first "starter" climbing setup 4 or 5 years ago now. And most recently the backpack recommends for me and the wifey. Err wait no, the La Sportiva shoes. I even used them for a simple hike up angels landing today and they worked like a charm. In short, you rock man!!!!
    Your safety is not my responsibility.