Thread: Getting into Canyoneering!

Getting into Canyoneering!

Hi I am in utah and my best friend and I are starting to get into canyoneering. I figured Bogley would be there perfect place to start to get good ideas of canyons to go etc. I am a pastry chef and have an awful schedule but every time I can I love to mountain bike, hike, and pretty do much do anything I can to get into nature. I live in Orem Utah and I'm ready to go! Checking out Yankee Doodle tomorrow

Let me know if you know any great beginning canyons! Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Welcome!

Yankee Doodle is a good one to start on, but I feel bad you are driving so far for one rap and a short canyon. I would say check out Ice's page and maybe drive a little further to Zion. There are some great canyons there and you'll be hooked in no time. http://climb-utah.com/Zion/index.htm
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Welcome to bogley! Certainly the right place.

hi welcome to bogley,

feel free to post questions or ask for advice in the canyoneering section where more people who canyon are likely to see it.

shane (iceaxe) posted a list of what he considers good beginner technical canyons in the following post. information on these canyons can be found in many sources.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...l=1#post316203

if you are interested in going to specific areas of the colorado plateau, folks in the canyoneering section could make more specific recommendations on what canyons to look at.

Hey Lindsay :). Just so you guys know, @LindsayJaded is a friend of mine and she is super awesome. Bogley just got better with her joining the site.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

7. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
    Hey Lindsay :). Just so you guys know, @LindsayJaded is a friend of mine and she is super awesome. Bogley just got better with her joining the site.
    Very cool.

We will probably do some canyoneering this next weekend in Moab. Friday we are doing "The Worlds biggest swing", then something a little more simple. This is going to be an open meetup group, with rafts, Mtn bikes, hiking, and more--camping out and getting there and back carpooling--at extremely minimal cost. As a newbie on this site, I cannot post my email as a link--I am at AOL, my name is abreviated as rgrmm, with the "at" in between. Or respond on this site for a phone number if you interested. My wife will probably be joining Brucer and me...
    We may be doing Rocky Mouth (active waterfall) in the canyon above Sandy Tuesday afternoon, you are welcome to join. We can probably have extra equipment available...it is only 10 minute walk off Wasatch Blvd.

Rock

Welcome to bogley