Thread: St. George Monsoon on Sunday, July 15, 2012

St. George Monsoon on Sunday, July 15, 2012

Just some footage of the rain down by Snow Canyon on Sunday. Apparently locals say it rarely rains like that. We were in the thick of it but I forgot my camera. This short footage in the beginning and at the gas station was when it was coming down the hardest.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nice footage. There was some crazy stuff going on down dixie drive as well. kids with boogie boards surfing down the streets. Wish I had my camera handy to catch the footage.

Also was pretty amazing watching the huge hail stones bounce off the lawn in 100 degree weather.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

4. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Good capture! I miss the floods in the desert after moving to Northern Utah. A rare treat to witness.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by tmartenst View Post
    Just some footage of the rain down by Snow Canyon on Sunday. Apparently locals say it rarely rains like that. We were in the thick of it but I forgot my camera. This short footage in the beginning and at the gas station was when it was coming down the hardest.

We must be neighbors. I shot video from my home off Snow Canyon Pkwy. Our Street was a muddy river from curb to curb.

Wade

From wnorton using an iPad and Tapatalk HD.

We were staying at a friends. They live about 5 houses from the Halfway Wash/Turtle Wall/Paradise Rim trail head in the Paradise Canyon sub. Sweet spot.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tmartenst View Post
    We were staying at a friends. They live about 5 houses from the Halfway Wash/Turtle Wall/Paradise Rim trail head in the Paradise Canyon sub. Sweet spot.
    I bet that was! We missed the whole thing. Twice now when we have traveled north STG has flooded, we keep missing the action. Friend of mine, her car flooded she had to go use my carpet cleaner to get water out. Guess it was parked on street, water pooled between her car and curb. Poor thing her first car she has only had it about a week.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Chere'