Thread: Playground / Swingset Input Request

Playground / Swingset Input Request

I know that @accadacca and a few others have posted pictures of their swing-sets they have purchased for their kids and either assembled or had installed in their backyard. We are looking to install a swingset in our backyard. We are hoping to keep the price below $2,000 and we want to have one that will last for years, be fun, and not worry about it breaking or whatever. I am curious what you guys have found, and what made you decide on your play-sets.

Thanks in advance.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We got a metal playgroud from Component Playgrounds and have loved it. I think ours is a bit more than you want to spend but metal sets have zero maintenace. I have been on mine a bunch and I can swing with the kids as high as I want without rocking the set at all. I had mine installed by the company. I have an A-frame and a clubhouse and slide.
    http://www.componentplaygrounds.com/...swingsets.html

And why we chose that set??? I wanted to be able to swing with my kids, we wanted it big enough to grow up with the kids, and I didn't want to worry about sanding, painting, breaking, tipping...etc. It's a no-worry set.
    Life is Good

Type "Utah Swing Lifestyle" into google.....

Let me know how that works out for ya.

You got me thanks :D

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Type "Utah Swing Lifestyle" into google.....

Let me know how that works out for ya.
    Your train never leaves that track...
    Life is Good

I looked into buying one a few years ago and ultimately decided to just build one instead. All the ones I looked at were extremely expensive, poorly made, and used a shoddy sealant (which means constant cracking, splintering, and painting). If you're handy and have basic wood working tools it's not that complicated. Took me about a month but now I have a two floored playhouse with a look out deck, sandbox underneath, and rope swing. Kids love it. I only paid about $300 for it but I did get all the redwood for free (we had just finished a redwood deck job for the Bellagio and I got to keep the extras). The trick is to use a high grade wood sealant. It's been a few years in Vegas summers and it still looks new.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I agree that building your own would be cheaper and you could really customize it. I'll have to ask my wife what we paid for ours. I was just looking through the pictures...good times. http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...-Project/page3

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I agree that building your own would be cheaper and you could really customize it. I'll have to ask my wife what we paid for ours. I was just looking through the pictures...good times. http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...-Project/page3
    Yeah, the architect in me went haywire. Bit off more than I could chew. I had nice drawings and cut lists, etc for the project. It was a pain and took a while to do. Like every night for 3-4 hours for a month. Sawdust all over the backyard, etc. But it is nice to look out the window and see it and know I designed and built it.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Name:  playset.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  44.9 KB

From Costco about $1200 on sale. Main beams ladder, railings, etc all metal, the rest is the rubber (not sure what it is to be honest but its the stuff on most elementary playgrounds) So far so good! With all these crazy TSTORMS that have rolled through I chained the playground to two concrete footings just in case (thats what I am doing in the picture) but so far it has been solid/non moving even with the heavy winds/funnel cloud that blew over my house yesterday!

It took 17 hours for me to put it together with about 10 minutes worth of help from my wife! To be fair I kindly asked her to leave so I could swear at will plus I work better on my own!

Swearing is a big part of it! Also doing things twice.

12. Likes mattandersao liked this post