Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Phone Advice - Iphone vs. Droid vs. Galaxy vs. HTC - Which one wins?

Need Phone Advice - Iphone vs. Droid vs. Galaxy vs. HTC - Which one wins?

My phone is the worst piece of technology ever conceived. It's old and outdated and the layout sucks all manner of ass.

I'm lookin for a new updated snazzy phone that does all manner of stuff that doesn't suck. Which one of the phones listed above would you choose and why? Or is there a better one out on the market currently?

Thanky thanky
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

some folks are raving about the nokia lumia 900.

the phone itself, the operating system (and everything it's associated with), and the available carriers may be important factors in your decision

true...I'd prefer something along the lines of Verizon cuz that's who I currently use

My personal preference right now is Android for phones, and iPad for tablets. Google is working on its own alternative to SIRI, and Apple is working on its own alternative to Google Navigate. For me it comes down to iTunes. If you don't mind using iTunes for everything you do on your phone, you will likely be very happy with an iPhone. If you want to have options on what kinds of apps you use, and where to get them go Android.

In my experience iPhones have a better battery life, and need to be rebooted less (still some, but not as often as Android phones). But I also prefer Android for screen size and additional control for Apps. Apple prevents iOS apps from having the same control as Android phones. So there are a lot of awesome apps that aren't available for iOS. But there are some cool apps (especially games) on iOS that have never made their way to Android.

Right now if I were buying a phone, I'd likely go with the Droid Razr Max and anxiously await Google's version of SIRI. Or I would go with the Galaxy S3.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

I will have to see which one still supports @hotmail addresses and get back to you.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

7. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    I will have to see which one still supports @hotmail addresses and get back to you.
    That was funny! I am sure that RockGremlin of all people will appreciate the advice.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Stopped at the library this afternoon so the wife could get whatever she was after. While waiting I looked through the latest ConsumerGuides, it had a section on cell phones. The IPhone rated I the bottom 15% for almost every carrier. I was a bit surprised.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Droid Razr Maxx.. By a huge margin. I've tried them all including the iPhone 4s that now acts as an iPod.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

one thing, rock, in the event that you decide on an iphone, keep in mind that a new one is to be released likely in september (maybe august). at that point the iPhone 4s may be kept around at a lower price with the new one being the standard option (typically) at the same price point.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
    My personal preference right now is Android for phones, and iPad for tablets.

Right now if I were buying a phone, I'd likely go with the Droid Razr Max and anxiously await Google's version of SIRI.

Ditto. Droid Razr Maxx.

The guy I work with constantly brags about his battery life, showing me it's at 80% when he last charged it 2 days ago.

Some don't like the bigger size but I do.

I just upgraded to the Galaxy.

I'm on AT&T and the deciding factor for me was everyone that works at the AT&T store (and can upgrade to any phone they want for free) were all using the Galaxy.

YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Some don't like the bigger size but I do.
    Awkward!!!

Switching from hotmail and now a smartphone? Welcome to the 21st century!

There is some chatter about iTunes and needing to plug in? Nah, that's a thing of the past. The iPhone and iPad are now designed to never need to be plugged into iTunes. I don't remember the last time I plugged in and we have a handful of them at my house. Everything is done over the air now.

Get an iPhone just to get the street fighter games. They rule dude! Then you can come over and play in versus mode over wifi against my 9 year old and I'll watch him kick yer ass.

Sweet game though. There are two. You gotta try them!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stree...5665?mt=8&ls=1

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stree...9519?mt=8&ls=1

16. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    The app isyncr will let you use iTunes on an android phone. It's a cool app if you are addicted to iTunes but want to leave the walled iOS garden.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    You're an unbelievable douche...

19. Likes Deathcricket liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    one thing, rock, in the event that you decide on an iphone, keep in mind that a new one is to be released likely in september (maybe august). at that point the iPhone 4s may be kept around at a lower price with the new one being the standard option (typically) at the same price point.

Smart advice...my son has an ipod, and I was astounded at all of the features. It got to the point where he and I were fighting to use it.

Thanks Stefan!

Narrowed down to two: Iphone or Droid Raxor Maxxy

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Narrowed down to two: Iphone or Droid Raxor Maxxy

^^^That's DOPE! When did your son learn Japanese?

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    ^^^That's DOPE! When did your son learn Japanese?
    These language programs are all the rage in the schools...