Thread: Clark's and Rush Loop

Clark's and Rush Loop

Good times this morning. I am starting to ride and learn the Draper trails. The Rush downhill is a blast and has great views of the valley! Check out this cool map of the area: http://www.skidmap.com/?layer=terrai....83647&zoom=14

Clark's Trail
    Name:  292311_4230683575097_1582617914_n.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  137.2 KB

Rush Trail
    Name:  558292_4230908900730_919382872_n.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  112.5 KB

2. Likes blueeyes liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I rode the Draper Trails today. Started at 11:00 a.m. and finished about 1:00 p.m.

I thought I was going to melt..... and I only saw one rattlesnake today (Peak View parking area). I'm seeing them almost every day right now in Corner Canyon. Watched some young kids try and get bitten by screwing around with said rattlesnake. But I knew these kids were tough because they rode down Rush Trail Trail on uni-cycles.

Anyhoo.... I had my kids drop me off at the top of Traverse Ridge because I'm old. I road the 4x4 roads down to Peak View parking lot. Down Rush Trail, than rode up Canyon Hollow to the top, than over to the Jacob's Ladder Trailhead and down to Ghost Falls. Took the North Loop of Ghost Falls trail down to the Gas Line Trail, Down to BST trail, Down to Creek View Trail, down Lower Corner Canyon Trail and down to the Equestrian Park and then 2 miles home following trails along the RR tracks.

Now it's time to kick back.

Nice! Its much cooler in the morning! Let me know if you want to ride. I started at 6:00 AM this morning and it felt great. I'll be riding there quite a bit as I get familiar with the trails. I'll have to try the route you did. I usually have 90-120 minutes to ride.

What else would you recommend? I was looking at doing a loop next including: creek view, lower corner canyon, BST, spring hollow, and the highland drive trail. Thoughts? Where should I park? The equestrian park?

What is this 6:00 AM of which you speak?!?

Equestrian park to Ghost Falls is a great ride. Several trail options. If you want more ride up to the Jacobs Ladder TH and down one of the other routes.

I figured that the 6 thing would take you off guard...

There are quite a few people out that early actually, but its not crowded and much cooler. I cant imagine riding when its triple digits.

I got the chance to ride the new addition to Rush last week. Wow! Makes it a really LONG downhill run. Had a great time!
    Are we there yet?

I'm at work by 6:00 am. Any chance you could start by 4:00?