Name:  226342_1034179567770_4702_n.jpg
Views: 20297
Size:  80.5 KB

Name:  267258_209427476874&.jpg
Views: 12522
Size:  51.6 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm not disturbed. I always drink DIET dew, thus avoiding the threat of cavities, and I haven't seen nor heard of any Dew-related deaths.

Two of my brother-in laws are doctors, and I'm always grilling them on stuff like this. They admitted to me (with a diet Coke in hand) that diet sodas are basically flavored carbonated water. Needless to say I'm not quitting my diet soda consumption. Those other claims (about BVO) are just scare tactics.

If you could publish the peer reviewed hard core facts about BVO, including the Biochemistry involved in the metabolism of BVO in the body - (how the hell are they supposed to know how that molecule performs within the body?) then I'd give it a read. Otherwise this is just chicken little nonsense. Doesn't that shit have to be cleared by the FDA? If not there are about a gazillian class action lawsuits impending.

Name:  chick.jpeg
Views: 12061
Size:  4.9 KB
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Brominated Battle: Soda Chemical Has Cloudy Health History

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...health-history

Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post

Brominated Battle: Soda Chemical Has Cloudy Health History

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...health-history
    Interesting study....although I did notice that they kept mentioning case studies of acute BVO poisoning from binge drinking two to four 2-Liter sodas containing BVO.

It would appear that moderation is key:

[I][COLOR=#0000ff]"Any normal level of consumption of BVO would not cause any health problems

SWEET.... I just found out I'm flame retardant.... gotta love it...

So if I go to hell I'll be kickin' ass and taking names.

7. Likes blueeyes, Scott P liked this post
    So if I go to hell
    If? I think it's pretty much a given.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

I also remembered that water is a flame retardant. I guess we just can't turn anywhere for liquid refreshment.

But like @rockgremlin mentioned, I'm a Diet dew guy as well. The list of ingredients has some differences including concentrated orange juice being second only after carbonated water.

Bromenated Vegetable Oil? Sounds pretty close to V8 to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Bromenated Vegetable Oil? Sounds pretty close to V8 to me.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

12. Likes canyonphile, blueeyes liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    That's a great quote...

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    One of the best quotes ever!
    Chere'

I just picked up a couple of these. HUGE suckers!!

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342584807.651211.jpg
Views: 12893
Size:  29.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Two of my brother-in laws are doctors, and I'm always grilling them on stuff like this.
    Ask them sometime how much of their time spent in med school was devoted to nutrition. Doctors may not know what you think they do.

From

http://www.ama-assn.org/amednews/201...3/prse0916.htm

More than half of medical school graduates rate their nutrition knowledge as inadequate, according to a 2005 survey by the American Assn. of Medical Colleges. Studies also have shown that physicians believe they lack adequate training to counsel patients on nutrition.
    The Academic Medicine study found in 2009 that medical students averaged 19.6 hours of nutrition instruction throughout medical school, down from 22.3 hours in 2004 (www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20736683/).
    From

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/16/he...chen.html?_r=1

Years later, as a newly minted doctor on the wards seeing real patients, I found myself in the same position. I was still getting a lot of questions about food and diet. And I was still hesitating when answering. I wasn’t sure I knew that much more after medical school than I did before.One day I mentioned this uncomfortable situation to another young doctor. “Just consult the dietitians if you have a problem,” she said after listening to my confession. “They’ll take care of it.” She paused for a moment, looked suspiciously around the nursing station, then leaned over and whispered, “I know we’re supposed to know about nutrition and diet, but none of us really does.”

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Doesn't that shit have to be cleared by the FDA?
    The FDA might not be what you think it is.

From

http://www.cspinet.org/new/200606271.html

CSPI says failures on the food side of the FDA include:

• Obesity. Over the past three decades, rates of obesity have doubled in young children and adults, and tripled in teenagers. In 2003, then-Commissioner Mark B. McClellan declared FDA’s intention to “confront the obesity epidemic ... to help consumers lead healthier lives through better nutrition.” Three years later, according to CSPI, the agency has done essentially nothing. Even with a food that’s a major contributor to obesity—soda—FDA has declined to place health notices on cans and bottles, require added sugars to be listed separately on labels, or to require multi-serving containers to list the number of calories for the whole container.

• Heart Disease. One of the most potent promoters of heart disease is the trans fat in partially hydrogenated oil. Though after a 10-year slog the FDA finally required trans fat to be listed on nutrition labels—spurring some manufacturers to abandon the oil—the FDA has done nothing to get restaurants to disclose or eliminate it. In 2004 CSPI petitioned the agency to ban partially hydrogenated oil and, until such a ban, to require disclosure in restaurants, but the FDA has not acted. The result: thousands of unnecessary premature deaths every year.

• High Blood Pressure. Perhaps the single most harmful substance in the food supply gets zero attention from the FDA—sodium chloride, or salt. CSPI and the American Medical Association want FDA to revoke the “Generally Regarded as Safe” status of salt and to treat it as a food additive, subject to reasonable upper limits in packaged foods. In 2004, the head of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute estimated that cutting the sodium content of the food supply in half would save 150,000 lives per year.

• Fraudulent Labels. Of 11,000 employees, the FDA tasks a grand total of four people at headquarters to police food labels. Thus, supermarket shelves are graced with carrot cake virtually without carrots, fruitless “fruit snacks” made with high fructose corn syrup, “whole wheat” products with a lot of white flour, and so on. CSPI says the most significant FDA labeling initiative in recent years was an industry-written initiative to let manufacturers place misleading “qualified health claims” on food labels. FDA’s own research found that the program confused consumers, but the program, championed by food companies, continues.

• Food Safety. Faced with the emergence of dangerous chemicals (such as mercury or acrylamide) in food, the FDA takes years before acting—and even then, its response is typically tepid. Faced with outbreaks of bacterial pathogens in food, FDA is similarly nonresponsive: Salmonella in eggs could be all but eliminated with finalized on-farm regulations to control the hazard, but those have been delayed for years. Shellfish contaminated with deadly Vibrio vulnificus kill 20 or so people every summer, but FDA relies on an industry-funded partnership with state governments to ensure shellfish safety.

“A scrappy nonprofit like CSPI, with one litigator on staff, forced labeling changes from major companies like Tropicana, Frito-Lay, and Pinnacle Foods,” said Jacobson. “Yet when we hand the FDA neatly wrapped complaints on a silver platter, it just ignores them.”

• Industry Capture. The FDA often relies on advisory committees made up of outside experts to offer science-based advice, particularly on approvals of drugs and medical devices. But those panels often include—and are sometimes dominated by—scientists or researchers who have direct financial relationships with the companies whose products are under scrutiny. In recent years, FDA advisory committees evaluating antihypertensives, various diabetes drugs, and the pediatric use of anti-depressants, have all included industry-funded scientists. On one committee, 10 of 32 panelists investigating the controversial painkillers known as COX-2 inhibitors, including Vioxx, had ties to the makers of those drugs.

Soooo, the FDA should save us all from unhealthy food then? Go ahead and try it.....you'd see the entire Southern population rise up in the second civil war after their precious Popeye's Chicken gets shut down!!!

First side effect seems to be blurred vision... Gotta lay off the diet Pepsi.

Quote Originally Posted by double moo View Post
    First side effect seems to be blurred vision... Gotta lay off the diet Pepsi.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342844179.278472.jpg
Views: 11661
Size:  34.5 KB