Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OUR Corona Arch Swing - 06/24/2012

Blog Entries

OUR Corona Arch Swing - 06/24/2012

Was able to do this with my buddies! Jeff had his friend Andrew who has been living in the La-Sal mountain range for a few months teach us how to set it up.

I'm not going to give the specifics on the rigging as I don't want to be liable. However, it does take a good amount of time to set it all up. We hit the top of Corona Arch about 7am and took about 3hrs until the first jump. There was a total of 11 jumpers and we were back at our cars around 5pm. It takes about 20minutes to reload between each jumper. Again, it's a simple setup, yet complex (if that makes sense) rig job.

I'm sure most of you have seen the infamous "world's tallest rope swing" which isn't the world's tallest, but this one gives you more bang per buck video.

Hope you enjoy it!! We sure did.

BTW - the 2 ropes were packed in 1" hose to protect the arch from erosion or damage. There was none. It was a job well done!

For those who wish to do this: it is a complex setup, which brand new ropes (with protection), and safety was our #1 goal, as any type of misstep or mistake, would of resulted in Death. There is no way you would survive a fall or survive smash into the arch at 50+ mph. The best way to do it is t have someone who has done it before SHOW you. You have been warned! Be careful out there - there is no reset button.

(As always, watch the video in Hi-def and fullscreen for best entertainment value!)
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

2. Likes hank moon, Sombeech liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Coolness. Tk for sharing!

It's just a shame to see people out there who enjoy destroying nature for everyone else. Freaking trust-fund adrenaline junkies.
    You May All Go To Hell And I Will Go To Texas

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnitsuaxx View Post
    It's just a shame to see people out there who enjoy destroying nature for everyone else. Freaking trust-fund adrenaline junkies.
    It's true. We do. Sometimes we take explosives and blow up rocks. It's what us young kids only know what to do these days.
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    It's true. We do. Sometimes we take explosives and blow up rocks. It's what us young kids only know what to do these days.

You'll probably put that on the Youtubes as well so the rest of your energy drink chugging friends can watch.
    You May All Go To Hell And I Will Go To Texas

8. Likes mattandersao liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnitsuaxx View Post
    You'll probably put that on the Youtubes as well so the rest of your energy drink chugging friends can watch.
    Yes! Thanks for the idea. I just need some music so we can monetize on our destruxtion.

It's one of our favorite activities - next to lighting gasoline-soaked fireworks in the driest of driest grass-fields possible!
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

10. Likes Deathcricket, accadacca liked this post
    Looks like fun!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye008 View Post
    Looks like fun!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks! It was a lot of fun! Definitely scary however
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Awww yeah! looks scary and fun!

Dude your videos rock, keep em coming, subscribed....
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    Awww yeah! looks scary and fun!

Dude your videos rock, keep em coming, subscribed....
    Thanks DC! We got coming this week for Bridal Veil Falls in Provo. We got some good angles for that beast.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

I approve of this video

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I approve of this video
    Gracias!
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Love the video. I have been to the top once and didnt dare walk out on the arch. Looks like a serious rush

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Sweet.
    Life is Good

Way cool - and kudos on the enviro-conscious rubber tubing

yeah...... that looks nuts!!
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Interesting...

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346960242.068115.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  34.3 KB

Rope swings and swing sets are fun for kids

Is this legal in school trust lands? (I'm not claiming that it isn't; just wondering). School trust land agencies seem really paranoid when it comes to recreation, so I'm surprised that they allow this.

Or have the School Trust Lands been traded out for other parcels? I know there was talk of this in the past.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Blog Entries

It was only a matter of time before people charged for this. We even thought about this. This will be interesting to watch how land owners will react as this grows in popularity.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"