Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AM Seat Time

AM Seat Time

I'd like to start riding in the morning while we've got such good light and cooler temps. It seems like I always have conflicts in the evening and it's blasted HOT. My wife and kids are in bed in the morning and I can drive straight to work to shower. Plus I've been riding my dirt bike so much that I'm +10 lbs of where I'd like to be. It'll come off fast on my MTB.

I'd love to ride the crest, but need another vehicle. If I have to ride alone it'll be mueller park, LCC, Draper and wherever. I would like to meet at 5:45-6:00 AM. I want to see how many days in one week I can ride. 4, 5, 6...

Can anyone ride tomorrow?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    I can't this week. Too far away but.... what about Mon or Tues next week. Crest was on my list of rides I wanted to do while up north.
    Chere'

I could prolly make that happen. Keep in touch on this thread. Monday might be best at this point.

Monday will work. Hope others join.
    Chere'

I rode the LCC trail this morning. Anybody wanna ride tomorrow? I might ride Draper, the bobsled or a trail in mill creek.

Name:  528771_4219578417475_910928389_n.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  176.9 KB

7. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Riding again tomorrow morning. Let me know if anyone is interesting in a ride before it hits triple digits. I plan to ride at 6 AM somewhere in the Salt Lake Valley.

Hey blue. We ride sardine, icebox, wheeler on Monday's. We usually leave the trailhead at 7pm if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by bigred72 View Post
    Hey blue. We ride sardine, icebox, wheeler on Monday's. We usually leave the trailhead at 7pm if interested.
    That one is on my list to hit while I am up there as well. What trailhead do you meet at bigred?

@accadacca how about a different morning for the Crest? Sunday, Wed, Thur??
    Chere'

I could ride Thursday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I could ride Thursday morning.
    That works
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    That one is on my list to hit while I am up there as well. What trailhead do you meet at bigred?

@accadacca how about a different morning for the Crest? Sunday, Wed, Thur??
    Wednesday might just work. We rode mueller this morning and it was crowded. To shuttle, we start from the lower parking lot, ride up maples, sardine, icebox and wheeler. About 11miles or for a round trip: maples and sardine and loop back to the starting point. I like to start early and I have to be at work by 11 am that day. Let me know if that works out.

Wednesday might just work. We rode mueller this morning and it was crowded. To shuttle, we start from the lower parking lot, ride up maples, sardine, icebox and wheeler. About 11miles or for a round trip: maples and sardine and loop back to the starting point. I like to start early and I have to be at work by 11 am that day. Let me know if that works out.
    Heck, I would b up for a Sunday morning ride as well. Might be able to get beech, Mark and Dave in as well.

Heck, I would b up for a Sunday morning ride as well. Might be able to get beech, Mark and Dave in as well.
    If we do it Sunday morning Spencer will ride. I think... depends on time because he is harder to motivate in the early morning than Mark. But I can do either or both doesn't matter just tell me what time to be in the parking lot.
    Chere'

To shuttle, we start from the lower parking lot, ride up maples, sardine, icebox and wheeler. About 11miles or for a round trip: maples and sardine and loop back to the starting point.
    Overflow parking at Snowbasin right? Sardine? Unfamiliar with this.. Do you not ride up to Cold Water Lookout? Do you end back at Snowbasin parking lot or down at bottom of Wheeler?
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    Overflow parking at Snowbasin right? Sardine? Unfamiliar with this.. Do you not ride up to Cold Water Lookout? Do you end back at Snowbasin parking lot or down at bottom of Wheeler?
    The choice is outs for where we want to end. If we have a few people, we can arrange for a shuttle from the overflow to wheeler. No shuttle, we'll make a loop. I'll drop some info on here later about the routes. Sardine is awesome. Fast runs and a few switchbacks. We ride this nearly every Monday.

If no shuttle Spencer is out. I would love to do the shuttle but I don't mind the loop. Is Sardine that new trail up there?
    Chere'

I am out of town this weekend, but available to ride Monday morning if anyone is interested. I will likely be riding in the draper area exploring some new trails. Let's keep an eye on Thursday and see if that day works. If you guys plan another ride let me know and I'll see if I can swing it. Evenings have been busy lately.

Scott on Thursday where did you want to meet at 5:45 AM?

James what day am I meeting up with you guys?

I will have limited access to the web after tomorrow.
    Chere'

Wish I wasn't out of town all next week.....but the week after I'm up for a Monday or Tuesday am ride.