Thread: Forkin' Eh.... what a beautiful morn

Forkin' Eh.... what a beautiful morn

Acca, Fortycal, and I hit AF early to beat the heat and crowds. Success on both fronts... though I will say there were a lot more folks up there early than I thought there would be. We headed this way for a while, then that a way, then over the road to the other way, then around some more, finally ending up at the top of Pole Line Pass - where we headed back down the road to the Tibble Fork parking lot... and the crowds.

Good thing the others knew where we were going!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nice ride boys.
    I'm not sure but I think them crazy buggers took me down that one in the dark on the last pict.
    I love that high country stuff. Nice and cool and very pretty to boot.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

So have you done this one before Dbl moo?
    I loved it myself.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

Got a narly one for you boys this winter. If the trail is dry.

A real cliff hanger!!!!!!

I had previously been on some of the trails we did this morning, with more than half being new to me. Great stuff, though I slowed the boys down as usual.

Nice seeing you guys up there! Twas a beautiful morning!
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    Nice seeing you guys up there! Twas a beautiful morning!
    how you feeling after a 20 mile pump?

Ya a twenty mile pump puts the rest to shame real fast.

Hard core tallsteve. What a way
    to spend a Sat. morn.

Great ride indeed. Few pics:

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341108781.873428.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  297.1 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341108794.678748.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  89.0 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341108811.248908.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  164.1 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341108823.612110.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  102.9 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341108840.684503.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  90.9 KB

Somebody laced a new tire on since last I seen it.
    Wish I could have made this one.

Got a new friend that is a wanting me to get you guys together for the same area.
    It is getting warm down here and we feel the need for aspen and pines and all that cool air.???????

Has to just be dust on the rear wheel, no way would he give up the blue rims.

WELL OK THEN SPOONED a new rubber so sorry

Must be the heat on my tiny brain.

Is it a Maxxis acca? Looks like a 606 and I know your on an 18" but that can't be right?

I bought an IRC M5B and I really like it. Really hooks up!!

Ye haw I'm on my way almost but soon very soon.

I'll try to polish off this here 604 and then the mx71 goes on. This 604 may not wear well but it is a fantastic tire all the same.

5 desert rides of 60 miles each +, one worcs race through some serious shit and 3 so far after that and maybe 2 more to boot at about 60miles each.

It is not a 606 but it grabs very well right down to the core baby. Even in the slippery muddy rocks enduro stuff. It holds very well for an intermediate tire.
    Worth every penny but most my ridding is that dez shit that tears everything up no matter which tire it is.

But this one is one of the best I have rode so far for traction even down to the no nubbs.

This is the tire I through on before I came to SLC and rode BEN LAMONE and AF and lots of dez and a worcs and some serious single tracks since then and I will have a hard time shaving the rest in time to get up north again. I'm still sitting on about 30 maybe 40% and she hooks well very well.

I have put more abuse on the sides of this one than any other and you just can't tell.

If it holds up 75% as long as this mx71 I will go back to her for sure. Great tire and I highly reccomend it for anyone looking for seriuos traction over cost.

THe worcs race alone would and did eat most tires for breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by double moo View Post
    how you feeling after a 20 mile pump?
    Legs are still tired, mostly from not (post surgery) being used to the quick bursts of leg energy required. We started from the Timpooneke parking lot, pedaled up the Salamander Flat #150 to Ridge #157, up, over and down Mud Springs #173 to Mill Canyon #040. Climbed up the many switchbacks of Mill Canyon, then headed southwest on Ridge Trail (where we ran into you guys), then down SFLDC #252, back up to the Summit, down Snow Gauge to Salamander Flat #150 and the parking lot. I don't know how many feet of climbing that is but, it's a bunch. Almost exactly 20 miles.
    Are we there yet?