Thread: July 4th or 5th

July 4th or 5th

Anybody doing an canyoneering in or around the Zion area around the 4th of July have room for another person to tag along and learn some. I'm fairly new to it but have all the gear and confident in my skills to not put anybody or myself in danger. But it would be nice to get out and learn some new tricks of the trade. Done a few canyons in Zion and would be up for most any of them besides heaps or imlay not quite up for that. I'm 28 m in pretty good shape so I won't slow you up. Well look forward to tagging along
    AJ

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm doing Das Boot on Thur, and Englestead on Fri. I had a group of 6 that were going to go, but then everyone but my brother backed out so now we're down to two. We're planning on driving down from Spanish Fork area early thur. morning. Let me know soon if you want to go because I'm going to see if I can get subway permits so we can exit DB that way.

I sent you my cell as a private message so just hit me up I live pretty close to Zion so I could swing up to the backcountry desk to pick up the permits. The subway exit will probably be tough to get on a holiday. U guys using wet suits or dry suits for das boot?

Dad boot without the subway is like taking a honeymoon and skipping the sex. Dad boot is the dumbest permit offered by the park. Next time just get a subway and enter through the boot.

Taking wetsuits for the boot, I tried to get a permit for subway but didn't get one with the early lottery, here's hoping for the last minute drawing.

Do they give all the remaining walk in permits away with the last minute drawing if enough people apply or do they still save some for walk in permits. If they save some I could be there first thing wed to try to get them that way.

All permits are given in the last minute drawing. There is no standing in line overnight any more. One thing you might try... when you pick up your boot permit list LEFT FORK as your exit. If that works you are good to exit the subway. If you try that let us know what happens. I wouldn't be surprised if it works.