Thread: Crappy trip..

Crappy trip..

This weekend I was tempted to visit the boulders with some good friends or to explore some water at one of my favorite spots on earth I haven't been to for a couple of years. It was a tough decision for sure I am not sure I made the right one but I had some great and bad points to this trip. Some of the best things were the 5 star accommodations, talk about luxury living!

I gotta be honest the food was at least 4 star rated:

Then the bad stuff I had to deal with. The traffic was really crowded in the early hours before the sun came up, this guy needs to learn to share the road or at least pose for a better picture.

Don't even get me started on the environment I can't believe I had to endure such surroundings so glad I am home to the heat, traffic, and pollution now that is living!

Henry's lake:

A small hike in lake in YNP:

A hike in lake in YNP:

Plus the fishing really sucked.... The fish had no size to them and they were all the same. Way better at my community pond and that is even 5 minutes from my house... Geez...

Henry's hybrids

A 21 inch cut that didn't want to have its picture taken:

The fish in YNP were sex crazed maniacs they even closed part of the lake to let those horny fish get busy:

I did manage to coax a couple of them to stop fornicating and have a snack:

Don't even get me started on what a waste of a hike it is to hike into this place I should have enjoyed some women s field hockey on t.v. instead.

This guy started us off laker on the fly:

Then some his a couple of these guys came to play:

But the biggest pain in the but was this guy. My second biggest fish in the park to date he almost spooled me and I had to fight him for 10 minutes and he almost didn't fit in my net (that I lost on this trip) he was 23 inches see what I have to endure almost impossible to photo fish like this by yourself.

If you couldn't tell this post was drenched in sarcasm.... Talking to some of the fly shop's in west Yellowstone I was told it almost is not worth fishing the lake trout have just ruined that fishery. You used to be able to get a hookup on over 50% of your casts now if you do get a fish it is a lake trout. He told me they are netting 15,000 lake trout a day out of that lake! They also have permission to electrocute the fish on the spawning beds killing thousands more! But they now follow the cuts up the stream and feed on them while spawning and eat the eggs as well a sad thing for the lake. I did not bring my pack in tube so I had to haul a much larger Scadden in to the lakes that is not meant to be backpacked in. My shoulders are killing me and hauling that thing 7 miles was no picnic. I did my best to make the most of it here is my best Captain Morgan pose:

Love this place! Can't wait for my next visit to my little slice of paradise!
    Eat it you dirty little fish!

2. Likes LOAH, Deadeye008 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Damn man! Sorry to hear about your trip. I'm surprised you stuck out though for as long as you did. At least you get props for not throwing in the towel early. I mean who tolerates a 50% catch rate? If I'm not catching a fish every cast, I would leave to.

At least your TR was awesome and you can warn us not to visit crappy places like this.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Yeah, gotta feel for ya man. Such a hideous place to be stuck in for even an hour, let alone days. Stay strong and keep fighting through this sad, sad time.

Nice report, Craig.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log