Thread: Need biking buddies in cache valley

Need biking buddies in cache valley

Hey all,
    I'm looking for some mt. biking friends to hit the trails with around cache valley over the next couple months. I'm an intermediate rider who likes to enjoy the scenery while working on my sweet skills. Let me know if you're interested!
    Sarah

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Although I'm down in the Ogden area, I've been wanting to ride up there for a while. Are you familiar with the trails up there that you could show me and a few others around?

There are some other peeps on here that ride up in that area a bit, they'll probably contact you. Welcome to bogley by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
    Hey all,
    I'm looking for some mt. biking friends to hit the trails with around cache valley over the next couple months. I'm an intermediate rider who likes to enjoy the scenery while working on my sweet skills. Let me know if you're interested!
    Sarah
    Fellow Logan-ite here. Check in with Joyride bikes downtown. I am a member of their cycling club and they have some pretty chill group rides. The only thing scheduled right now is Tuesday & Thursday 6am rides up Green Canyon. Check in with Wayne there and he can put you on the email list and let you know of any upcoming group rides. When do you typically ride? What trails have you been on so far up here?

They do some group road rides too if you are into that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Although I'm down in the Ogden area, I've been wanting to ride up there for a while. Are you familiar with the trails up there that you could show me and a few others around?

There are some other peeps on here that ride up in that area a bit, they'll probably contact you. Welcome to bogley by the way.
    Don't go with Justin he will get you killed! kiilllleddd I tell you!!!

Oh uhh sorry, just trying to turn this into a 3 page thread so you get lots of views.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by neilether View Post
    Fellow Logan-ite here. Check in with Joyride bikes downtown. I am a member of their cycling club and they have some pretty chill group rides. The only thing scheduled right now is Tuesday & Thursday 6am rides up Green Canyon. Check in with Wayne there and he can put you on the email list and let you know of any upcoming group rides. When do you typically ride? What trails have you been on so far up here?

They do some group road rides too if you are into that kind of thing.
    Thanks for the info. I've been on green canyon, sink hollow, jardine juniper, mud flats, and bunchgrass - although I don't pound that one out fast or easy (meaning I walk my bike in multiple places!) I need to work on my technique...

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post

I'd love to show you around the trails that I know! I'll take my chances despite deathcricket's dire warnings ;)

Quote Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
    Thanks for the info. I've been on green canyon, sink hollow, jardine juniper, mud flats, and bunchgrass - although I don't pound that one out fast or easy (meaning I walk my bike in multiple places!) I need to work on my technique...

I'd love to show you around the trails that I know! I'll take my chances despite deathcricket's dire warnings ;)
    Green Canyon is super fun, but make sure you go an additional 2 miles beyond where the road ends to the wilderness boundary. Good stuff. Jardine is great and mud flat is great, but my guess is that somebody told you to do it backwards. I'm not sure why everybody climbs up Willow Creek and then down Cottonwood. Much better as an out and back on Willow Creek in my opinion. Bunchgrass is in pretty rough shape this year compared to years past. Still good fun, but a bit more technical than it has been. Stump Hollow is another great one. About the same climbing as Juniper and an awesome, relatively non-technical descent. I also highly recommend Providence Canyon. Let me know when you typically ride and we will see if we can get a group together.

Good luck getting @Sombeech to join you for a ride in Logan. He has proven very, elusive........