Thread: Any deep dust racing advise?

Any deep dust racing advise?

Looks like I'm out to the races about 6:00am
    Should prove to be a hot dust and nasty Bugger so any last minute advise is always welcome for this here noob and if nothing else wish me luck boys and girls.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Good luck ! The only advise that I can think of is to stay in front to avoid eating a lot of dust.

Stand up to keep your head above the dust, get close enough they can hear your engine, don't wait for a perfect spot to pass or you will never make the pass, just go for it. once you are past give it hell until it's time to pass another. Pick them off until you are in front!

Enjoy it man! wish I were there.

cheat.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Name:  IMG_1794.JPG
Views: 121
Size:  93.3 KBName:  IMG_1795.JPG
Views: 123
Size:  98.1 KBName:  IMG_1796.JPG
Views: 118
Size:  83.6 KBName:  IMG_1797.JPG
Views: 134
Size:  90.8 KBName:  IMG_1798.JPG
Views: 131
Size:  91.9 KBName:  IMG_1799.JPG
Views: 119
Size:  96.7 KBName:  IMG_1800.JPG
Views: 116
Size:  79.3 KBHell denaliguide that's what we call racing at it works even better with a very loud whoop or just plain get out of my way you slow ass bitch works just as well.

First race that included some moto-x track that I have never rode in my life by the way.

It was as hard core as it was fun.

I was into it 3 min. or less when I suddenly found myself upside down in the first drink spitting water out the front of my helmet.
    Cooled my ass right down right now and the starter jitters were over and time to ride baby.
    So in the first lap that I did not pre ride do to being a noob and had a hard time with the paper work I did not run this course till the green flagg dropped.NO practice run at all.

I did get a call into Chet last night that saved my bacon for sure with his great wisdom and advice.
    Thanks Chet I owe you tons bro.

Anyways a long story short is I did finish 8 out 9 in my class 50 vet C which is the sportsman class or biggener if you will and had the time of my life but this track was by far the hardest I have ever riddin and it was for 60min.
    Completely chewed all to hell and evrything off the motocross side of things was 3'' to 3 feet wide at best with holes you could loose your verginity in trust me on this one.

It put American Fork single track to same boys and girls and I highly reccomend you all give it a go. sometime in your life if you really want to live life.

Best dam thing I've done in over 30 years myself.

Seen some carnage and I swear I had beautiful chicks rootin me one from the sides.

Some days are just worth waking up to and this was one for sure.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

And a big thank you to all the other advise that came later but I got to it only after the race but I will do this again and am always happy for a any and all advise from you guys.

Thanks again.

On a side note: when I did see the guys roll in after their practice runs they were covered in mud and dust.
    So I took my best pair of goggs out and a spare with instructions to my beer drinking crew of one to have gogs at hand and maybe a splash of gas just in case.

Turns out that I was able to run this intire 60minutes with only one pair of goggles and it worked out great.

HOT DAM boys what a ride it was--------Wish you were here for this one-------Simply Fantastic Friggin Tastic.................

Stand up and don't wait for the perfect pass.
    No words can ring in truer in this kind of kaos for sure.
    I did not read this last night before the race but it does apply.
    Kind of like when in dought throttle that bad boy all the way out.

By far the craziest shit I have ever done and I can't wait to do'er again.
    Fanfucgintastic

Glad to hear that you had a great time!

I had some great times riding with my bros BUT this was in a league of it's own.

some things are just fun

Name:  IMG_1801.JPG
Views: 108
Size:  112.2 KBName:  IMG_1802.JPG
Views: 108
Size:  111.0 KBName:  IMG_1803.JPG
Views: 115
Size:  111.3 KB

Dam sanddle foots just always have to show more than 1

You know when your getting over the hill when you revert back to a teenager.

Now this I would do over and over.
    What a rush.
    You would have love the slippery rock syndrom and all the enduaro style that came with it trust me.
    My biggest set back for sure was no prior moto track time at all and it was about 25% of the race.

I've seen maybe more than my share of whoops in Warner Valley but these long gauged rollers or what ever you call them are a pain without any experience.
    What do they call them? Anyways the idea is to hit the gas everyother and just kind of rollor coaster them I guess. OH rythems section maybe.??.

Very hard without some time into them for sure.