Thread: Top 4 favorite technical canyons?

Top 4 favorite technical canyons?

I'm trying to get a feel for what most peoples favorite slot canyons are in the Zion, Bryce, and Escalante areas.

We're planning our 2 week trip for 2013 and want to make sure we include some of the top spots. We've only done Mystery and the Subway so far so that leaves us too many other great slots to choose from for our limited time frame.

If you could post your favorite 4 and why you like them I would appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -------
    Jeff

"Be who you are, say what you feel.
    Because those that mind don't matter and,
    those that matter don't mind"

~Dr. Suess~

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Imlay-very deep and dark narrow; plus the walk out the Narrows is great

Subway-easy, but still one of my favorites. The pools and Subway section are still superb.

Icebox-very scenic, still feels somewhat remote. Some of the highest waterfalls on the CP.

South Fork Choprock-the beauty never ends, but constanty changes as you descend the canyon.

Runners up:

Pine Creek-easy, fairly short, but one of the coolest rappels ever.

Others may disagree, but Right Fork North Creek is one of my favorites. There are some long sections between, but the narrows, Grand Alcove, the slot beside the Grand Alcove, Barrier and Double Falls, plus exploring the side canyons in the lower end makes for a very nice adventure.

PS, I have not done upper Kolob or Heaps yet, but most who have put them high on the list. Imlay, Kolob and Heaps seem to be most experienced canyoneer's favorites, with Checkerboard (I still haven't done it yet) often mentioned as well. Boundary (which I also haven't done) would probably be up there for many if it weren't for the MIA.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Pine Creek and Keyhole should be near the top of your to do list because they are classics.

What time of year is your trip? Being in-season can often make a canyon awesome or miserable.

Great info! Thanks

We're planning our trip for right after labor day first few weeks in September. Last time there we were in the middle of August so looking for better weather and smaller crowds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -------
    Jeff

"Be who you are, say what you feel.
    Because those that mind don't matter and,
    those that matter don't mind"

~Dr. Suess~