Thread: Nephi's Twist in La Verkin (video - 2 crashes)

Nephi's Twist in La Verkin (video - 2 crashes)

I've lived in Southern Utah for 4 years and had never heard of this trail until I came across it in a YouTube video. I'm glad I didn't find it until now as there is no way on earth I would have been safe riding it at my previous skill level.

It ended up being a lot of fun mixed with a healthy fear of heights, and 2 pathetic crashes.

2. Likes blueeyes liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Well done to go back and get it done proper.

Looks like a really fun and exciting trail.
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

Wow, I've never heard of that either, looks pretty intense, I'd love to give it a try next time I'm down there.

Are you hiking up the same trail to the top?

No, I rode 4 miles UP State Routes 9 and 17 back to the truck. It SUCKED. Definitely needs a shuttle.

You can ride back up a dirt road but there's a good deal of hike a bike I assume and I figured the paved road was better...maybe, maybe not.

Either way I'll probably never ride it alone again...for shuttle reasons and safety reasons.

Is there an easy shuttle option? Can you park right near the bottom of the gnarly stuff and also near the top?

I don't know how easy it is, but there's a dirt road at the top and at the bottom. I don't believe they connect, but the shuttle can still be done.

There is definitely easy parking at the top.

I will have to ride this trail the next time that I am down there. What was the height of the biggest drop ? I don't like to ride with a fullface helmet in the heat. Nice video and riding !

I'm a terrible estimater of drop heights. I'm 6'4" on that drop I filmed from the side and it was above my head to get the bike there and the landing was a bit lower.

If I remember right you've done I street etc? That stuff looks tougher to me than this trail. The height is what makes this sketchy.

As for full face. I went in the morning to beat the heat.

I found the difficult trail in southern utah, the barrel trail. A person could get hurt on that one.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Anybody rides this during the week I can help with a shuttle, weekends we may not be around.
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

Fun trail - shuttle offer

This trail is literally in my back yard. We get dropped off at the top and ride down it and end up at my house. It is a short, fun trail, with a lot of options and lines. It is a fun area to explore and try out a different ridge or wash. If someone is interested in a shuttle, give me a call, I'm usually available in the evenings to run you back up to the top to retrieve you vehicle. Shuntavi at gmail

You live in that neighborhood to the north of it? I rode down through there to the highway and then back to the top. Might have to hit you up for a lift next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25 View Post
    You live in that neighborhood to the north of it? I rode down through there to the highway and then back to the top. Might have to hit you up for a lift next time.

We live right on La Verkin Creek, to the South of where the trail comes out. We ride it often and would be glad to provide a shuttle if we are around.

Shuntavi, are you in Cholla Creek? I'm at the back of the development, not far from where the trail comes down.
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com