Thread: Subway this week-end: wetsuit recommended?

Subway this week-end: wetsuit recommended?

wetsuit or no wetsuit? I did it last year at this time and was glad I had one but it was mostly snow melt water. Any idea how cold the water is right now?
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    I did it a couple weeks back and had my wet suit... but kinda wish I would have left it at home. Just wear clothes that dry out fast and I think you would be fine. I also tend to get cold really easy. I might get to go Sunday (on stand-by) and if I do I plan on going without. Just my two cents.
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by ocanler View Post
    wetsuit or no wetsuit? I did it last year at this time and was glad I had one but it was mostly snow melt water. Any idea how cold the water is right now?
    Thanks
    We've went through twice this year so far. We all took our wetsuits both times, but there were other groups who didn't. Definitely can go without one, but I find it way more enjoyable to play around in the water and waterfalls and not be in a hurry. It isn't that much extra weight to pack out

Ditto 206toyota... I've been through twice this year too, last week was the latest. Wetsuits recommended if you want to stay and play. Last week we passed two groups with 12 people each, one of which was a group of scouts and they looked very cold without wetsuits, scout masters looked a little worried standing above the bowling ball area. YMMV

We went last weekend and would have been miserable without wetsuits. The water is cold. With any wind at all it gets chilly fast.