Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No fires in Uintas, This includes camp stoves. Seriously???

Colorado just entered Stage 2 fire restrictions.

http://www.vaildaily.com/article/20120619/NEWS/120619813/1001&parentprofile=1062

Stage 3 is closing all public land to public use. Keep this in mind if you are thinking of breaking the fire restictions. Too many people breaking the law could cause Stage 3 to be implemented.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Colorado just entered Stage 2 fire restrictions.

http://www.vaildaily.com/article/20120619/NEWS/120619813/1001&parentprofile=1062

Stage 3 is closing all public land to public use. Keep this in mind if you are thinking ofbreaking the fire restictions. Too many people breaking the law could cause Stage 3 to be implemented.
    Stage 3 would seriously suck!
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye008 View Post
    Yes, you can have a campfire in an improved campground with a fire ring/pit. You can also use a backpacking stove or any other type of stove/flame that uses petroleum based fuel. People on here are making a big deal about it because most of us do not like to camp in improved campgrounds and we like to have a fire in the backcountry.
    So, for further clarification, my Jetboil stove that uses isobutane (I think) would not be allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by sumsh View Post
    So, for further clarification, my Jetboil stove that uses isobutane (I think) would not be allowed?
    That would be considered a backpacking stove and is allowed.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye008 View Post
    That would be considered a backpacking stove and is allowed.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks.

Are Dutch Ovens and Coleman Stoves allowed on the Swell?
    Just where is it I could find bear, beaver, and other critters worth cash money when skint?

Dutch ovens, no; Coleman stoves, yes, though why anyone wants to camp in the Swell right now is beyond me.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

9. Likes Deadeye008 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Dance View Post
    Are Dutch Ovens and Coleman Stoves allowed on the Swell?
    If you're using the Dutch Oven on the Coleman stove, then yes. Using the Dutch Oven on an open fire, no.

My little sister took this photo earlier today in Woodland Park, Colorado..... I know it isn't the Uintas but I thought this picture seemed somewhat relevent.

Kinda crazy, she got evacuated from work and her house is on pre-evac status.

Name:  Colorado Fire.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  36.8 KB
    Customizable Adult & Kids shirts, onesies, and More
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CheaperThanShirt

Quote Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
    http://www.ksl.com/?sid=21545539&nid...&s_cid=queue-1

Looks like we are back to having camp fires in alot of places!

I just got back from a weekend up at Ostler and Amethyst lake. On the way in I stopped at the ranger station there just before the turn-off to Christmas Meadows (coming from the Evanston side), and they said fires are allowed in existing fire rings. We camped at BR-24 and boy were we glad for the fires. It was PLENTY wet, and we for 3-4 hours of rain each day. It's plenty wet up there.

14. Likes Scott P liked this post
    I just got back from a weekend up at Ostler and Amethyst lake. On the way in I stopped at the ranger station there just before the turn-off to Christmas Meadows (coming from the Evanston side), and they said fires are allowed in existing fire rings. We camped at BR-24 and boy were we glad for the fires
    They really told you this? BR-24 is actually right in the middle of the permanent fire ban in Amethyst Basin. It hasn't been legal to build a fire there for many years.

I still can believe that the rangers didn't know their own rules though. It seems to be getting more and more common these days.