Thread: Wet Wiggle (Maui)

Wet Wiggle (Maui)

6/08/12

So I was taking a bunch of newbies out this day.. however, everything was high water, or flooding. There were a couple canyons runnable.. but not by people who have never been in a harness in their lives. I've been eyeing a small slot that almost never sees water and decided to take the newbies there. Normally I wouldn't take newbies on a first descent, but knowing the basics of how Maui canyons form.. I figured why not?

Turned out to be a relatively dry route with 2 1ft downclimbs, with pools at the bottom, a 10ft rappel, 40ft rappel, and another 15ft rappel. Newbies had a blast... so mission accomplished.

The name of the canyon came to be, because of the "region", and our actions. The region has names like, "fupa moss", "wet dreams", "ka-ka", "poop Chute', "hot pocket", "emerald's Fuzzy Balls", "pumphouse", and "Pi-Pi". So for this reason, we HAD to name the canyon something retarded/sexual/funny. The wiggle part came from being dry alll the time, and then forced into the swims/pools.. we'd all be wiggling our bodies when we got cold.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement