Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post your biking videos

Zen and Bear claw poppy trails. St George, UT

My first video. first of many so critics are welcome.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by earwig654 View Post

Cool, what camera setup was it?

Javelina trail in Southmoutain Park in Phoenix.

GoPro Hero 3 Black edition

Mountain guy trapped in the wetlands of Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by earwig654 View Post
    Great job for you first video. I like variety in the videos, it was good you swapped back and forth from helmet to seat post.

Keep in mind that my opinions are definitely no standard to live by, it's just how I like to watch videos.

You may consider grabbing the GoPro and getting a quick panorama or two of the area by hand, maybe some of the group. Set it down and ride past it a couple of times.

Most of your creative abilities will be hindered by the patience of your group. I've been able to be much more creative on solo rides. With a group of friends, you are pressured to mount the camera and just go, as to not make them restless. Fortunately this year I've got 2 GoPro cameras so I can always have one mounted to the Seat Post facing rear, and then the Hero3 on my chest. This cuts down the waiting time.

It looks like you had it in 1080 mode, 60 frames per second. It's a great resolution. I personally stick with 720 and 120 frames per second just in case I want to slow it down half speed and it's still produced in 60 frames per second. Plus my Hero1 shoots in 720 at 60 fps so I keep the frame size the same.

I personally wouldn't use the stabilizing method via YouTube. At first glance it will make the footage look smoother, but it will also make it wavy and skewed. I would suggest taking it straight out of the camera and just using a maximum of 15 seconds of the smoothest footage from that section. Then make a lot of switches back and forth to your different angles for variety.

I think your time limit was good. Anything over 3 minutes on the internet nowadays becomes difficult to watch the whole way through because there are "so many other fascinating things on the internet" to spend your time with.

Here's my video from two weeks ago. Like I said, I had all the time in the world to experiment with different angles and shots because I was alone. Then when I ride with a group I'm not holding them up while I fail at trying a mount.

Quote Originally Posted by rich67 View Post
    Hit the film strip icon in the editing bar and paste the url like this

8. Likes rich67 liked this post

10. Likes chromehead58 liked this post
    Twas good to see you all.....and to meet redfox.
    go get lost, it is good for the soul

12. Likes Sombeech liked this post

^^^Blocked by BMG for copyright infringement....

What is this about? When I click on the above video link this is what happens.

Sent from my SPH-L900
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sorry, it's getting ridiculous finding music.

Here's a link to it on Facebook until I can change the soundtrack
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...40125494178397

It's nuts, I've got video editing down solid. The hardest part of every single video now is finding a soundtrack that meshes well, AND is allowed on YouTube.

I did this ride last night, had the video edited, produced, and uploaded last night too. Freaking music is the issue.

ok, let's see if this one makes the cut. I think I like this audio better anyways.

Nice video, so YouTube blocks certain music....?

Sent from my SPH-L900

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpecialized View Post
    Nice video, so YouTube blocks certain music....?

Sent from my SPH-L900
    Thx, and yes but it's not always consistent. I think with somebody like me who has several hundred videos and almost 2 million views, they get more restrictive. The audio track is definitely the most difficult part of video production for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Took a couple friends out to Nephi's Twist Trail because they had never been out on it. Still one of my favorite trails, it's super short, but really unique.

Man I have GOT to try that trail, I'll have to borrow a bigger bike though. Definitely next time I'm down there I'll have to hit you up, Kent.

It really is a fun/unique trail. I've done it twice on my remedy (6" travel) and it was fine. Just a spot or two that I was more confident having my big bike on this time. You'll notice Braxton (green shirt) was on a 5" Kona, but he's also crazy.

I may have to borrow Mark's Iron Horse or Don's Diamondback and take it down there, I'd feel more confident.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25 View Post
    I've done it twice on my remedy (6" travel) and it was fine.
    Have you seen this? http://www.bikemag.com/news/news-tre...l-ex-go-to-29/
    I got to ride this bike around the parking lot last night. All I can say is "WOW"! I get to go on a demo ride in July with the Trek rep. Can't wait to take it down the Tibble Fork trail.
    Are we there yet?