Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AF Canyon Single Track - Saturday (6.16.12)

AF Canyon Single Track - Saturday (6.16.12)

I had such a good ride last time that I thought about riding it again. It'll be nice and cool up there too. I can meet on Saturday afternoon. Probably around 1 pm and ride until we drop.

Who can make it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sure wish I could.

I had a blast last time.

I hear Hobble Creek is nice too.

If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

Dam Bro 49 views and not one taker?

I might just have to figure out how to take you up on this some dam how.

But it will be on the BRP why? Cause that bitch has a light. LMAO
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

@Garbanzo is in. @double moo is a maybe and another friend...

I'm just not sure if I can compete with @Garbanzo's spit shined 570. Oh wait I have blue rims...

and and

So what's the deal on the Beemer?

I would love to go, but I am waiting for fork seals and oil. I think that I may need to change the gearing. Is it better to go bigger on the rear sprocket or mess with the front gear ?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by REDFOX View Post
    I would love to go, but I am waiting for fork seals and oil. I think that I may need to change the gearing. Is it better to go bigger on the rear sprocket or mess with the front gear ?

You can do both or either really. I changed both on my KTM 530. The Husaberg came dialed from the factory.

Sounds like you better get that team red bike ready.

Your running a Honda right? Or ia it the green machine? I've got turned around since then.LOL
    I just took my YZ up to a 52 in the rear and had great results myself.
    Hope this helps. REDFOX

Oh ya be careful when you cut a new chain and take your time . The count can be a biotch but your a mtn biker and understand this I'm sure.
    I think for every three on the rear = one on the front BUT I DON'T BUY INTO THIS AT ALL.

I STARTED with a 50 for the BEN Loman ride and went right to a 52 pronto with great results.

Best of luck and cut your chain long BRO.

Ask me how I know this LOL I have 4 chains cut and three sprockets.

But on a good note my first mistake I meen cut will cover my stock 45 rear and is brand new LOL.
    Which I think I'll throw on for this here WORCS race locally if I can pull it of.
    Wee'lllllll seeeeeee.

Forget the front and try adjusting the rear for simple gains without getting to crazy at first.

I have case savers to think about that are front sprocket size only and are very costly for every upgraade to the front.
    Just something to think about.

Oh and one more thing RED - I never run anything but steel for my sprockets.
    Lasts three time longer at least and no noticeable weight difference.
    And the price is much less for the most part.............................................. .

Yes I am on the honda, my friend redspecialized is on the green machine. I watched a youtube video on the showa fork and I realized that I didn't have some of the specific tools. A shop is doing the rebuild. I am riding the 49 tooth stock rear and it is not slow enough for trail riding for me. Thanks for the advice on the 52.

I would love to go, when are you leaving? Earlier the better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpecialized View Post
    I would love to go, when are you leaving? Earlier the better for me.
    Unfortunately we are riding in the afternoon...

Meeting at Tibble Fork reservoir at 1pm.

Myself and two others will be there.
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Quote Originally Posted by REDFOX View Post
    Yes I am on the honda, my friend redspecialized is on the green machine. I watched a youtube video on the showa fork and I realized that I didn't have some of the specific tools. A shop is doing the rebuild. I am riding the 49 tooth stock rear and it is not slow enough for trail riding for me. Thanks for the advice on the 52.

52T rear will work. If the front is a 14T you could go to a 13T and it would have the same effect. It's cheaper and easier to change the front.
    If the front is a 13T, leave it alone and go with the 52T rear. Anything smaller than a 13T on the front is not good.
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Maybe but make sure you back it all up with your case saver just in case all fun intended.
    they are not cheap and sprocket specific.

I'm missing this high cool altitude already.
    Went to Warner today and had a blast but it wurent to cool at all.
    Just a tad over the century mark and the red sand was well lets just say to deep. and it only got deeper.
    My bike was kicking how shall we say this?
    Well I'm my worst enemy and thought I was going to die after the first 50 miles

Way to dam hot but when you get just a few hrs. to ride you do stupid shite.

I would not have it any other way and any time out is good times............................................. .................................................. ...................

It was a great day out and all but trust me when I say there was not a Aspen nor Pine in sight.

The pains I go through to find hot single tracks for the winter rides for you boys up north.
    Ride on Brothers ride on.

Yep, you keep scouting some great winter riding.

Pretty sure I got the green light on this ride. If you don't mind riding with the slow green machine.....I'm in.

Giddy up dude!