Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please keep an eye out for my stolen bike

Please keep an eye out for my stolen bike

Some D-bag yoinked my bike out of my garage while I was mowing the back yard. Its a Cannondale Rush Carbon 2 XC. I'm guessing they stole it for cash and will try to unload it. They grabbed a couple paintball guns too but I doubt they are traceable. But just in case anyone see's it around, please let me know. I would like to have a nice long talk with whoever has it now, hehe. It's a pretty unique looking bike and I've never seen another in person. Very recognizable. Black Carbon fiber frame with blue "pinstiping" and a "lefty" fork which is also very uncommon. The seatpost will be scratched insanely bad from attaching my son's carrier to it also. Another huge scratch on the top main bar from biffing it on Sidewinder, about 2" x 2' wide.

I'll give it a month to turn up then buy another bike. Since I had the serial and all that good stuff the police was pretty hopeful... Here's a glamor pic and an actual video of me and Dave on the trails. If you pause at 3 seconds it's a good view.

Thanks for any help!

Name:  cannondale-rush-carbon-team.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  51.1 KB

Your safety is not my responsibility.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Can you put out the word on detailed parts too? High end bikes like these tend to get parted out by thieves to keep from getting caught when selling the whole thing at once, but if you know the components, it's easier to keep an eye on stuff like craigslist for when the pieces pop up. Seems like nice bikes make easy targets nowadays to turn into quick cash.

Only other solution? Hire a lawncare service.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post
    Get a big dog..... it really does help... I also feel better when I'm out of town and the girls are alone.... or when my wife is trail running in the foothills I like knowing Sage is along to keep the creepers away.

The dude already has pitbulls. Pretty sure he's covered in the "intimidating dogs" category.

Damn, keep an eye out on the pawn shops and classifieds. That sucks man, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Get a big dog..... it really does help... I also feel better when I'm out of town and the girls are alone.... or when my wife is trail running in the foothills I like knowing Sage is along to keep the creepers away.
    Like Carpey said, got a couple Pitts.... But they don't have access to the Garage and front area unless I'm with them, like washing the car or mowing the front lawn. They are actually super nice but criminals don't need to know that right?

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post
    Can you put out the word on detailed parts too? High end bikes like these tend to get parted out by thieves to keep from getting caught when selling the whole thing at once, but if you know the components, it's easier to keep an eye on stuff like craigslist for when the pieces pop up. Seems like nice bikes make easy targets nowadays to turn into quick cash.

I'm never mowing my lawn again, haha! I honestly don't know what parts it had on it. But I'm going to talk to the bike shop tomorrow and give them a heads up, maybe he will remember. That's a good idea, thanks man.

Vicious yeah?

Name:  P1020070.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  102.0 KB

Another interesting factoid for the people playing along. I also just noticed they also stole the keys to my Toyota 4Runner. If anyone has advice on how to get my car re-keyed I would appreciate that as well. Never had to do that before. Just got done ripping the stereo system out of it and "disabling" the car in multiple places to make it hard to jack until that's done. What a PITA! Surprised they didn't try to make off with my crotch rocket, it was sitting right there in the garage with the keys in it too. Although I guess turning that on would have made definitive noise. *sigh*

If your keys were chipped I think you just go to the dealer and get new keys and they will set the ignition to the new keys and chip. I've never done a Toyota so it might be different.

Tell you dogs they are fired... Haha.

Damn that sucks dude.

I consider my neighborhood nice/safe, but that doesn't matter, it happens everywhere. I'm extra paranoid too, so I usually shut my garage when I mow, etc. I put my trailer out today for a friend to borrow tomorrow and I considered not locking the latch. In the end I put the lock on it. Sucks to worry about crap like that....

10. Likes Deathcricket liked this post
    You should post this on utahmountainbiking.com and the Utah section of mtbr.com. Sorry man. I had one stolen several years ago on the day we moved. They took it off the wall rack in between taking some stuff out to the moving truck and going back in the house, maybe 60 seconds or so. Fortunately, home owners insurance covered it.
    Are we there yet?

12. Likes Deathcricket liked this post
    that jusst sucks! hope you find the guys.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

you could stick a GPS tracker in your car let the guy take it, then track it to the dudes house get your car and your bike back, and maybe a little something else to make it worth your trouble. its a little risky but its an idea.

I'd call the cops and have them go talk to this guy. He even posted his contact info

STFU!!!

no chit!! was that really the same bike?

Sure looks it. He sure unloaded it fast. The ad was only posted for a few hours. I wonder if DC has looked into it.

There are some differences in the two. The KSL bike has Ergon grips and eggbeater pedals. Deathcrickets bike has regular grips and platform pedals. That being said, I find it fishy as to why he'd sell a carbon frame bike for so cheap.
    Are we there yet?

HOLY!!!!! Yeap pretty sure that is it. I needed a new front tire 2 weeks ago (got a flat), and I went to the Cannondale bike shop but they just closed the door at 5. So I went to the Specialized shop down the road which stays open till 6. And I'm pretty sure it was a specialized purgatory? Gosh I don't recall brands. And see the handlebars? The default one went straight out, but it was a little hard on my shoulders riding so I got the steepest one I could find find and it looked exactly like that. See the glamour shot I put on the first post? that is how the default handlebars look. I'm 85% sure that is mine!!!!!

That is completely different pedals though and hand grips.... And the brakes look pretty different.... So could just be a huge coincidence.... But if I could see the scratch on the side from the "bike rack" I could identify it for sure.

Plus who sells a Carbon fiber bike for $1200? That's ridiculous.....

Dude I am gonna owe you so bad if this turns out....... OMG OMG!!!!

Edit: Hmmm now I'm not so sure on the handlebars.... I see some red lettering and looking at mine I see like some gold lettering.....

Here is mine...
    Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  55.3 KB

and his

Name:  19666693.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  8.6 KB

The tire is still a huge coincidence though... Also he probably knows I'm searching high and low for this bike, notice the mispelling of Cannondale to Connondale? was wondering why I didn't see it.

Could be a trick to mask it, just swap a few little things... You said you've got serial numbers right? I'd still try to find out who he sold it to. Have the cops go chat with him.

git them dogs on the scent!!