Thread: Post your Biking photos

Nice. I’ve never climbed it.

When did they put this trail in?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Nice. I’ve never climbed it.

When did they put this trail in?
    They opened it the end of March. Lexi and Ethan were the two kids on the CCHS MTB team that were killed in a car accident over by the EQ.

Here's a few from a Moab trip last week:

Warmed up for a few hours on Klondike Bluffs.

Name:  Little salty.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  131.4 KB

We considered doing the whole Mag7, but decided we came for fun instead of pain so instead we did a Bull, Run, Arths Corner, Great Escape, Getaway lap. It's a sweet ride that I will definitely do again. Then after lunch went and did a few miles in the branded trails.

Name:  Bull Run.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  82.0 KB

Name:  Gemini.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  93.4 KB

The next day we cheated and took a shuttle to Kokopelli and rode down porcupine. 4,500' of descent and only 500' of climbing? Yes, please!

Name:  Monument.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  55.9 KB

My little bother couldn't quite make it trouble free, but damn that is a ripper.

Name:  Poky.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  129.9 KB

5. Likes accadacca, Sombeech, twotimer, tallsteve liked this post
    Name:  DSCN0286.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  123.3 KB

Did some riding in Moab before heading to Lake Powell. I stopped for a night at the Navajo National Monument (nice camping) to prep for canyoneering to come. No riding up there, but it's a scenic, relaxing place to hang out.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

7. Likes accadacca liked this post

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Sharing the trails with a Montana local. Heard this lone wolf howl in the middle of the night.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Chere'

10. Likes Sombeech, devo_stevo, Iceaxe liked this post
    Name:  P3040008.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  76.8 KB

Moab...
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

12. Likes devo_stevo, blueeyes, accadacca liked this post

My son and his uncle riding Park City.

14. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    @KanyonKris and his wife Jolene came up to the Ogden area looking to ride some new trails for their anniversary, and I was their trail guide. What better way to spend your anniversary than with me?

16. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Body count be rising on the Little Scraggy Trail here in Colorado. It's got a pretty significant downhill at the end, no features, but I'd bet it's mostly handlebars catching trees. Lots of beginners ride this trail. There are at least two trees you have to be careful with...while going fast.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

18. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Top of Williams Creek. Nothing like beating the sun to the top of the climb.

20. Likes devo_stevo liked this post
    Top of St. Charles Canyon at the intersection of the Highline Trail

22. Likes Sombeech liked this post
    Provo Canyon sunrise from Saturday morning.Name:  Provo Canyon Sunrise.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  71.4 KB
    Are we there yet?

24. Likes Sombeech liked this post
    I own three bikes...two modern ones and this blast from the past. It's a '92 KHS Montana with the very first Rockshox model RS1. I actually rode this thing in Moab back in the mid nineties...Slickrock, Porcupine, Amasa Back. A hardtail with 2 inches of front travel. Like a Flintstone mobile.

Of course, I don't ride rough trails with this anymore. It's a town cruiser now...along Cherry Creek to Rockies games, grocery and breakfast runs like this morning.

Although it made of steel, it's light and quick. Believe it or not, the fork has never needed rebuilding. Over the years, I've replaced the cassette, seat post, seat and handlebars.

Figured I'd show off my old-skool American iron since it gets a lot of attention from those who recognize what it is.

Name:  P9040001.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  141.1 KB
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

26. Likes devo_stevo, blueeyes, Sombeech liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    I own three bikes...two modern ones and this blast from the past. It's a '92 KHS Montana with the very first Rockshox model RS1. I actually rode this thing in Moab back in the mid nineties...Slickrock, Porcupine, Amasa Back. A hardtail with 2 inches of front travel. Like a Flintstone mobile.

Of course, I don't ride rough trails with this anymore. It's a town cruiser now...along Cherry Creek to Rockies games, grocery and breakfast runs like this morning.

Although it made of steel, it's light and quick. Believe it or not, the fork has never needed rebuilding. Over the years, I've replaced the cassette, seat post, seat and handlebars.

Figured I'd show off my old-skool American iron since it gets a lot of attention from those who recognize what it is.

I too still have an RSI fork set... on a 1991 Klien Pinnacle. Unfortunately my seals are shot and the boys at the shop tell me they cen't get a rebuild kit anymore. Glad yours are still viable!

28. Likes twotimer liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post

Nice. I started mountain biking in '93 when I was 15 years old. That was a sweet bike back in the day that I didn't have the money for, but I checked it out in the catalogs and drooled over them.

30. Likes twotimer liked this post
    A client of mine had just payed $1000 for a new Yeti and I remember thinking that was just a crazy amount of money for a bike. Of course, within a year I bought this...I remember it cost $650.

Indeed, a rebuild on the fork is a no go. I called Wheat Ridge Cyclery, who rebuilds forks and shocks and they told me the same thing...no parts available.

I was thinking about taking it apart, re-using the same seals but adding fresh oil but they assured me that won't work. The caked on gunk from the dirty oil is probably keeping the seals from leaking, and the seals get jacked with removal anyway.

Byron's old KHS Montana...1992-????. Hope I just didn't jinx it.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

When I was a kid, the local bike shop sold KHS and GT mountain bikes. I spent a lot of time looking through those catalogs and drooling over the bikes on the floor.

I still remember the first bike I saw that cost $1000. It was the GT Zaskar with a polished aluminum frame and XTR parts hanging off of it and the brand new Rock Shox fork. That thing was awesome. I could never afford it at the time though as I didn't have a job and had to rely on my parent's kindness to get bikes. They were nice, but not that nice. :)

Good times. Now I feel old.

You want old school?

This has to be about 1972, That handsome devil 2nd from the left is me and that brown beauty in front is my state of the art Schwinn Varsity 10-speed.

You tell me that's not a bad ass gang to roll through Murray Park with.

Name:  Blaine, Shane, Pat & Todd with bicycles.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  96.3 KB

34. Likes devo_stevo, double moo liked this post
    1968 Schwinn Stingray... Gold with the white Banana Seat. Once I got the Ram's Horn handle bars on there and a good set of cards in the spokes... pussys like Ice would quake in their shoes as this piece of awesomeness rolled the hood.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

36. Likes devo_stevo, Iceaxe liked this post