Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Post your Biking photos

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    Looks like a fun trail. What is that really long cable coming off your right-side handlebar? Dropper Post? That would drive me crazy!
    Yes dropper post, I get a lot of similar comments from people when they see my videos, but in real life its not that bad.

2. Likes tallsteve liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

A good adventure ride in Logan yesterday:

5. Likes Sombeech, tallsteve, devo_stevo liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Double D forks

Cool ride on the Loss Burros Trail in Pinetop, AZ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH9Mi3jesGA

Tour of the White Mountains Gravel Grinder put on by Epic Rides.

11. Likes Sombeech, devo_stevo liked this post
    I've been slacking, I think I still need to write up this report and post my media. This is from Mueller Park last week, probably the best Fall Colors ride I've had this season.

from the drone:

I tried an ebike for a bit tonight. WOW! Actually, very interesting experience. You can join the cool kids and laugh about them but honestly you're missing out on a cool ride.

Sure there's a time and place for them, they aren't for every trail. But honestly, every fear and excuse to hate them is completely unfounded and false.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I tried an ebike for a bit tonight. WOW! Actually, very interesting experience. You can join the cool kids and laugh about them but honestly you're missing out on a cool ride.

Sure there's a time and place for them, they aren't for every trail. But honestly, every fear and excuse to hate them is completely unfounded and false.

Did you Strava all your new KOM's? That is honestly my biggest bitch about ebikes.

I tried an ebike for a bit tonight. WOW! Actually, very interesting experience.....

Hey, nice bike!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

16. Likes Sombeech liked this post

Ok, so, tell me what happened over on the MTBEU facebook page. Looks like I missed all the drama.
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Did you Strava all your new KOM's? That is honestly my biggest bitch about ebikes.
    ha ha, no. I don't Strava. I thought I would start a while ago but I just never got into it. I just ride and take pictures.

It is a good point though, the KOMs possibly getting skewed by ebikes. I think somehow they'll figure out a way to detect an ebike and will either categorize it as such, or put it in some kind of "practice mode" or something, just so bikers could truly filter out ebike results in the Strava app.

I think if ebike manufacturers did something for this, maybe a bluetooth tool on the bike so if it links up on Strava, it's immediately disqualified from recording a KOM. Or then again, they could open up a new category specifically for ebikes in Strava.

These bikes are here to stay, and if the industry embraces them, it'll be better for riders and non ebike riders, alike.

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    Ok, so, tell me what happened over on the MTBEU facebook page. Looks like I missed all the drama.
    ha ha ha, I'll have to get a little write up going with some nice conversation screenshots. But basically I posted this same picture there, and the group was having a fun, healthy discussion, joking around on both sides, and then I get the private message from Landon Boogaard, the admin, telling me to stop trolling or I'd get booted out. At that point I started to see how the whole attitude there was pretty pathetic, a bunch of bikers trying to gain respect from others by mocking other beginner bikers, what they are wearing, things like that.

So I made a few last comments, just curious if I had been banned yet, then I just left the group and Landon blocked me from his personal account too. Ha ha, it's these kinds of dramatic nuggets that make it all worth it.

In short, if we mock others for wearing cargo shorts while they ride, or their lack of a dropper post, or in any way a shortcoming of dressing like the "real bikers", it shows our own insecurities.

Some folks need to decide if they really do want to welcome others to this sport, or if we just want to hold it as an envious status, out of reach for newcomers. You could say I'm #Triggered by the arrogance of those who feel they are truly special, and a gift to the industry.

In short, the admin is a little power tripping guy who may be over-evaluating his status in society for running a facebook group, and it's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RED View Post
    Hey, nice bike!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
    And credit goes to Ben here for lending it to Shawn, who lent it to me for a few minutes to try out. Thanks! I'm hooked.

Jeez. Yeah, I don't read everything on MTBEU and if I do go there I skip through everything pretty quickly. Way to much snark, name calling, entitlement and 'my opinion is the only one that matters' attitude, along with people writing stuff that they'd never dare say to someone's face. I could care less what people ride or wear. I never rubber-neck to see what bike the other guy is on or what bling he has installed. I just don't care. I do my research and buy/ride what I think will work for me then enjoy the gear, workout and experience. Just like utahmountainbiking dot com was once the goto resource for all things Utah mtn. biking, MTBEU will also one day be pretty irrelevant from being replaced with the next mass social media thing.
    Are we there yet?

Post your Biking photos

Drama over there for sure and a whole bunch of mountain bike elitists. I’ve seen it many times. A post just gets deleted for no reason except an ego at the helm. If the owner doesn’t agree with your line of thinking, he just pulls the trigger.

I was pissed when I saw two of Beech’s post deleted, then he sent me a few of the messages from the owner. Man, that guy has some issues. I noticed he blocked me from his personal account too. I’ve never met the guy and was not friends on FB. Not sure what’s up with the drama. He blocked me from the MTBEU page too after I had already left. Sorry, bro...too late! Lol

The AF Canyon trails are so packed down right now (what little snow there is) I was able to pedal my fatbike all the way up to the AF Overlook yesterday evening. This is at 8,100' elevation. Crazy little snow. I've never seen it this bad at the beginning of January.

Looking west down the canyon and the backside of Mt. Timp.
    Name:  AF Overlook- Jan3rd 20176.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  70.2 KB
    Are we there yet?

24. Likes Sombeech liked this post

Corner Canyon, UT. I took a newer trail called Lexi and Ethan.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Corner Canyon, UT. I took a newer trail called Lexi and Ethan.
    You mean this trail?

KOM bitch :-)