Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Biking photos

Guess I can't post any more vertical photos as they all get changed to horizontal when I upload them here.
    Are we there yet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Good to be back on my skinny tire.

4. Likes double moo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    Guess I can't post any more vertical photos as they all get changed to horizontal when I upload them here.
    Hmmm... you may have to flip it on your phone, like "hard" rotate by going to the menu and selecting Rotate Left or Right. The phone seems to guess which way is up, but doesn't assign that property to the photo.

Here's a video from Saturday down on More Cowbell.

Good Water Rim Trail video footage from Saturday. If you took the trail itself and put it out in the middle of nowhere with nothing to look at, nobody would ever ride it. Having the trail on the rim of the Little Grand Canyon however, makes for a spectacular must do ride. Perfect day and temps and, considering there were a gazillion campers in the area, we ran into very few people actually on the trail.
    Are we there yet?

Good Water Rim Trail video footage from Saturday. If you took the trail itself and put it out in the middle of nowhere with nothing to look at, nobody would ever ride it. Having the trail on the rim of the Little Grand Canyon however, makes for a spectacular must do ride. Perfect day and temps and, considering there were a gazillion campers in the area, we ran into very few people actually on the trail.
    That looks like a cool trail, I recently watched Bruce's version too. Looks like he's got himself a drone now, good for him.

Lately on my rides, I think I'm more interested in the scenery than the trail itself. There's the Bonneville SHoreline Trail up North of the North Ogden Divide. It's a great trail, very well built, berms on the corners and everything, but the scenery sucks. I don't think I'll ride it anytime soon. This trail though, the Good Water Rim, looks like it has awesome views.

Maybe it's the photographer in me, but I prefer great views over the technical trails. I'd really like to get down there and ride this one.

It would be an amazing trail to get drone footage from. I think it's just BLM land so, no restrictions that I'm aware of. I was biking with my buddy who doesn't pedal much anymore and is way out of shape but,this isn't a trail to ride fast anyway. Stop frequently and look over the edge. I think this area is probably the most spectacular spot that most Utahn's haven't ever heard of. It's also just over a 2 hour drive from house in PG so, relatively close.
    Are we there yet?

It would be an amazing trail to get drone footage from. I think it's just BLM land so, no restrictions that I'm aware of. I was biking with my buddy who doesn't pedal much anymore and is way out of shape but,this isn't a trail to ride fast anyway. Stop frequently and look over the edge. I think this area is probably the most spectacular spot that most Utahn's haven't ever heard of. It's also just over a 2 hour drive from house in PG so, relatively close.
    Did you do the full 21 mile loop? How long did it take? I assume coming from the Ogden area, about 3 hours drive each way, then ride, it could all be done in 1 day without leaving at ridiculous hours.

Yep, full loop. Here's my Strava track: https://www.strava.com/activities/943765334. 2:17 hours of actual moving time; 3:35 overall time. The elevation gain is goofed up for some reason. The actual gain is only around 1,000' which includes the dirt roads back to the parking spot. An easy get up early, drive down, pedal, get back home before dark ride.
    Are we there yet?

11. Likes Sombeech liked this post
    Name:  Barrel.png
Views: 324
Size:  753.0 KB

Fun ride down Barrel Trail

13. Likes devo_stevo, double moo, tallsteve liked this post

Utah Lake side of the mountain this morning.

15. Likes double moo liked this post
    Upper Timpooneke campground late yesterday afternoon.

Name:  Timp Campground.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  217.8 KB
    Are we there yet?

Sample from the ogden bike park tonight

Horsethief Bench from this weekend at the Fruita Fat Tire Festival

Last edited by neilether; 05-03-2017 at 08:11 AM. Reason: smaller image.

19. Likes tallsteve liked this post
    Western Rim:

Courtesy of @MtnBkr

My loop yesterday evening in Corner Canyon.

Quote Originally Posted by neilether View Post
    Horsethief Bench from this weekend at the Fruita Fat Tire Festival
    I was there that same weekend and rode that trail Saturday morning. That was busiest trail I have seen bikes were almost tire to tire the entire trail.
    That is a great trail though. We also rode some trails in grand junction on Friday. My buddy broke his collar bone on the ribbon trail, we hiked back up to the car to get him to the hospital.

The above picture is the western rim I believe....? The trail is just of i-70 barely on the Colorado side. It goes in and out of Utah. Was a really fun trail.

Looks like we could have seen each other on the trails.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RED View Post
    I was there that same weekend....looks like we could have seen each other on the trails.

Quite possible. We rode the following:

Thursday: Western Rim from the Rabbit Valley Exit off i-70. Then we did a Ribbon to Gunny loop shuttle
    Friday: Horsethief Bench - Steve's Loop - Moore Fun - Rustlers Loop. Then we did a few laps out on 18 road; PBR, Kessel Run, Joe's Ridge
    Saturday: Ribbon to Free Lunch to Holy Cross. Then Butterknife in the afternoon
    Sunday: another lap on Horsethief, because it's full of super awesomeness.

101 total miles for the weekend.

Your picture you show above does look to be the Western Rim, from the western portion of the trail, if I were a bettin' man.

Looks like we road a lot of the same trails, just mostly on different days.

Thursday: whiterim (might have seen you there?), free lunch
    Friday: zippity doo dah, pbr, kessel. Ribbon (where friend broke collar bone)
    Saturday: 2 loops of Horsethief bench. And went home.

There are a lot of fun rides in that area. I'd recommend trying it out if you haven't ridden before.

Had a nice ride with some friends in Prescott, AZ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b53Iw2Wl_0U

Looks like a fun trail. What is that really long cable coming off your right-side handlebar? Dropper Post? That would drive me crazy!
    Are we there yet?