Thread: 2012.05.29 - Europe goes 4 Middle Echo Canyon

2012.05.29 - Europe goes 4 Middle Echo Canyon

Michael_WB and myself (both from Europe; one originating from Britain, living in Switserland, the other one being Dutch) have spent a week and a half in Zion last weeks, and just returned to good old normal life. I noticed his feedback on a topic about Middle Echo Canyon, which more or less is a short trip report. And since I
    Attached Images Attached Images              

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I love Echo! Always been a fun one. Great TR.
    - Gavin

Awesome pics!

I am pretty sure I met you guys or your doppelg

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Fantastic report

I enjoyed your TR very much. Echo might just be our families first Zion canyon, looks awesome! Thanks.

Excellent. I been through many canyons in Zion, but never that one. Perhaps I'll hit it during the Bogleyfest? I always make that left turn into Mystery...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstone Addiction View Post
    I enjoyed your TR very much. Echo might just be our families first Zion canyon, looks awesome! Thanks.
    If you get wetsuits for your whole family it would be perfect! Echo is one of my favorites, too! Great report!
    --Cliff

10. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Euro Utah enthusiast Michael_WB's Avatar
    [QUOTE=WorkBad;500034]Awesome pics!

I am pretty sure I met you guys or your doppelg

Nice TR!
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Humm... "two suave and debonair individuals"
    Yea that was you two! Now I remember, I did the subway minus das boot the same day as you. We too barely made it back to pick up the next days permit. Man one person in front of me and it took 30 minutes! Picking the permits up in the morning always runs the risk of standing there for an hour or so. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_WB View Post
    As for pictures of the dead deer in Pine Creek, I believe Maarten will be providing those at some point in the near future, perhaps both May 22nd and May 30th vintages showing the intervening decomposition(?)
    I'm still wondering whether to do it or not... are people interested, do these pictures give added value to Bogley?
    I couldn't resist the urge to take the pictures.... It is quite difficult to recognize the deer though.
    But at least you know what you've been smelling when you passed there.....

(or is my mind strange in this context?)

Maarten

How known is canyoneering or even the red rock areas to Europeans? My son lives there and told me that there was a recent article in a Dutch newspaper about Zion. I seem to run into more and more Europeans when I hit the desert but am not sure where they get their beta. Those I have met in canyon areas seem to know exactly where they are going and are in no need of suggestions. Are they all on Bogley, Shane's, Tanya's, and Tom's websites?

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDuke View Post
    How known is canyoneering or even the red rock areas to Europeans? My son lives there and told me that there was a recent article in a Dutch newspaper about Zion. I seem to run into more and more Europeans when I hit the desert but am not sure where they get their beta. Those I have met in canyon areas seem to know exactly where they are going and are in no need of suggestions. Are they all on Bogley, Shane's, Tanya's, and Tom's websites?
    Well, in the Netherlands, we don't have canyons. Our country is almost completely flat. As a result from that, canyoneering (in Europe mostly the term canyoning is used, and I have no idea why hehehe) is not something many Dutch people know of, apart from the guided 'adventure day'-like things. Some people have done that in countries like i.e. Switzerland, France or Spain. I think in those countries canyoneering will be known much better.

Quite some people I know have travelled the South West of the States for holiday however. Visiting Vegas and LA or SF, and hiking in the National Parks. And possibly as a next step experiencing the other hidden treasures in the desert. (That is how I started as well.) I have no idea where they get their beta, apart from speculating that the top-15 Google-results will be the first and main sites visited. That is how I stared as well... and I ended up here

I still have to discover Europe on canyoneering possiblities, however so far Zion (and other NP's) kept calling me back...