Thread: South Fork of the Snake in June?

South Fork of the Snake in June?

I never touch the South Fork in May or June, and I live here! I just do not like to try floating with high water and it is too murky anyway. HOWEVER, this year is completely different. No runoff! The river is flowing just below 10,000. I would expect it to be 16,000 if not 18k. But the most surprising part of it is the clarity. The water is not off color at all. I have never seen anything like it. Were it not for the cold water temps, it is what the river would look like July 25th or so. It will be interesting to see what this does to the Pteronarcys hatch. They usually hatch during peak high water and the lowest clarity of the year, but there is none this year.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I am strictly a fisherman with a hyde pro series boat. I noticed how low the water looked in your video. I usually fish this water after August. I am hoping to see pmds or blue winged olives during my float. It has been 2 years since I floated Henerys fork or the Warm river near Ashton. Tough decision that I will have to make soon.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

I would be very surprised to see any considerable PMD hatch in mid June even this year. That is early. BWO are out now and if you are lucky enough to be there on an overcast day you will see them. I did see a few caddis, but very few.