Thread: Mirror Lake Highway Report

Mirror Lake Highway Report

I was recently able to head up Mirror Lake Highway in hopes of getting some spring fishing in. I went up with 2 buddies of mine on Memorial day and fished from about 4pm till the sun went down around 8pm. I went up in hopes of hitting Moosehorn or Washington Lake but upon arrival, found that some of the lakes are still covered and unfishable. We ended up stopping at Lost Lake as it was totally free of ice. We fished down the West side of the lake from North to South and followed the shoreline around. There are still patches of snow, one of which I fell through up to my knees. Ran into a Ranger and he told us most of the snow was fresh from the previous weekend. At the end of the day, we ended up with four small rainbows. My one friend had no luck at all with a fly and bubble but I think it's still too cold up there for bugs to be out and about. My other friend and I had success with a Jake's Spinner, Gold with red dots.
    In the end, it was an absolutely beautiful day and a great way to spend an evening. The fishing up high is still a little slow and we couldn't seem to find anything of size this trip. Maybe for the next trip we will stay a little lower and see how it goes.

FISH ON!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Glad you at least had a good time. It's strange that Washington would still be frozen while Lost, across the road, is totally open. Oh well. Good times 'a comin! Thanks for the report!
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

I am hoping that they are all clear by the 15th when we head to the Grand Daddy basin with the Scouts.

I'd say it's almost golden time...
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

Quote Originally Posted by LOAH View Post
    I'd say it's almost golden time...
    I'm headed there this Saturday :-)

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

I think the lakes that were still frozen were in the shadow of a mountain and didn't get as much sunlight as the others. IMHO Let us know how your trip goes Deadeye. I'm trying to get up there as much as possible this year.