Thread: Englestead Hollow

Englestead Hollow

Met hikster11 on Sunday at Zac's for a trip to Englestead. Everything I have read about the canyon was true. The first rap was awesome. We had two 200' ropes for the first rap. I was the first one down to the small ledge using the first 200' rope and set up the other 200' rope for the second half. When I got to the pot hole ledge I wasn't sure the rope reached the bottom so I stopped here and checked the webbing and anchor a radioed up for the others to follow. The last person down to the ledge tied the ropes together for the pull.
    Once the other two were at the pot hole ledge we set up one of the 200' ropes for the last drop.
    This was the first Zion canyon for me and it was amazing. All the other anchors at the raps were in good shape and the walk out through the water was refreshing.
    The picture I took didn't turn out too good because I had the setting wrong on a borrowed camera. I guess I will have to do it again for better pictures.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yeah, that big wall right off the bat is awesome. Is that giant log jam near the end still there? I did that canyon in 2003...those logs seemed packed tight.

James I didn't see this until after I posted a TR. Whoops I would have just added to this TR. We will have to go back down there and do some more canyons.

You pick the day/days and I will go.