Thread: Houseboat on Powell

Houseboat on Powell

Been wanting to buy a part owner share in a houseboat on Powell for awhile. Do any of you peeps have a share or can offer an tips on what to look for when buying. Currently looking at a 2004 75 foot boat in a slip at Antelope for 14k. Not sure what kind of questions to ask before signing the deal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

As a boat owner for many years I have the following advise. If you light a $100 bill on fire an blink don't buy a boat. They are black holes in the water you pour money into.

My dad used to always say that the 2 happiest days in a boat owners life are the day he buys it, and the day he sells it. But if you have the means, they are fun. Just be prepared to flush the cash.

Boat stands for bring on another thousand.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reedus View Post
    Been wanting to buy a part owner share in a houseboat on Powell for awhile. Do any of you peeps have a share or can offer an tips on what to look for when buying. Currently looking at a 2004 75 foot boat in a slip at Antelope for 14k. Not sure what kind of questions to ask before signing the deal
    I would want to know the # of people that own a share as well as annual maintenance costs.
    Is this a Laketime boat?
    If not--who is in charge of maintenance and can you see the maintenance schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    I would want to know the # of people that own a share as well as annual maintenance costs.
    Is this a Laketime boat?
    If not--who is in charge of maintenance and can you see the maintenance schedule.
    Boat annual dues are 2100. It seems from the research I have done, that to have a boat in a slip adds another 1k to the maintenance price. The boats that are launch and retrieve only are approximately 1200 to 1500 in dues. Not sure which route to go on that one. I like the cheaper rates of the launch and retrieve boats, but it seems like it would be a hassle waiting for the valet company to get the boat in and out of the water. Plus the idea of being able to go down in the dead of winter and camp out on the houseboat and take the runabout around doing slots or fishing is intriguing. The boat is maintained and managed by Antelope Point marina.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Launch and retrieve usually involves a fee, somewhere in the $750-1000 range.(in addition to annual dues)
    Some folks like it because they can pull their car up next to the houseboat the night before and load it, then launch early the next morning.
    Similar arrangements can be made in the slips. Just personal, but I'd opt for a slip.
    Antelope is definitely the premier houseboat location on the lake.