Thread: San Rafael car camping quickie

San Rafael car camping quickie

Hello!
    The hubby and I were able to get some time off at the last minute this weekend and wanted to head up to our fave spot on mirror lake highway for a couple of nights. However it looks like the weather wont be cooperating with us so we have decided we'd better head south instead.
    All we want to do is get away and sleep in the tent and make a fire and relax for a couple of days.
    I have never been to the san rafael area and was wondering if some of you fine folk could direct me to the best place to just drive in, find a decent spot to park the car.. near some water would be nice, but not necessary. We dont have 4 wheel drive (yet!) so the roads need to be pretty mild. Im not too concerned with being close enough to do any big hikes, just somewhere pretty, not snowing and relaxing.
    We will be heading down from Salt Lake about 2pm on Saturday.
    Thanks in advance!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Going down on a Saturday afternoon on Memorial weekend, it might be tough to find a nice place to camp. Here are a few suggestions, but you might find these places already taken.

Spring Canyon just north of I-70 outside of the San Rafael Reef is really nice. As of about three weeks ago there was flowing water in the canyon just inside the Reef, but it went underground just outside the Reef and the wash was dry. Turn off the north side of I-70 at N 38
    Blog | FB

4. Likes Tango liked this post
    thanks for the tips! Ive been looking around and have also found some riverside options near green river.