Thread: Uintas Highline transportation needed for Aug 2nd+3rd (will cover gas and pay extra$)

Uintas Highline transportation needed for Aug 2nd+3rd (will cover gas and pay extra$)

Hello Bogley!

I am a newbie, though I thought this post would be better suited for Backpacking/Camping. Please let me know if you think I should be posting this elsewhere.

My buddy and I (from Ohio) will be hiking the length of the Uintas Highline trail from east to west in August and are looking for someone to taxi us to the trailheads.

We will be renting a car at SLC airport upon arrival on the morning of August 2nd. We will need somebody with a car to follow us to (or meet us at) the western trailhead, and take us back to a hotel so that we can drop off the rental car at the western trailhead.

Additionally, we will need somebody (ideally the same person) to pick us up from hotel, in SLC, early the following morning (Aug 3rd) and drive us to the eastern trailhead, where we will begin our journey.

As mentioned in the title of this post, we are more than willing to cover the cost of gas and then some to make it worth someone's time. Compensation can be discussed in a more private manner.

Please let me know if you or anyone you might know would be interested in helping us out and making a little extra cash.

Thanks Bogley!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I may be able to help you. I am looking to bag Eccentric Peak. The only problem with that is some people do not start the highline trail at Chepeta Peak, they start farther East. Is that where you intend to start? Another thing I would suggest is not going all the way back to SLC to stay at a hotel. That would add so much more time to driving. Heber would be a fine place to stay, or Park City if you needed to stay somewhere really nice.

( I posted this on another Highline post by accident but I may be able to help either one)

Thanks for the post <remmiw>, bagging Eccentric Peak sounds awesome! My friend and I plan to start at the Leidy Peak trailhead, which I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) is the eastern terminus of the trail. However, there could still very well be an opportunity for us to help each other out.

Just a couple of questions:
    Are you just bagging the peak? are you camping/backpacking at all? Are your dates flexible? Do you live in the SLC or surrounding area?

If your dates are flexible and were willing to help us drop our rental off at Mirror Lake trailhead Aug 2nd, (perhaps stay in Heber that night), we could then catch a ride with you to the Leidy Peak trailhead (east) the next morning Aug3, before you double-back and head to the Chepeta Lake entrance. According to google maps, the drive from Heber to Leidy Peak is roughly 4 hours, the drive from Leidy Peak to Chepeta Lake would add another 4 hours to your trip, but if you are willing to be in a car for that long, we might be able to make it worth your while.

Just trying to brainstorm though, let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks again for the response!

Haven't heard back from you. Is this still on?