Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Repeat Jr has a dead cow.

We did Angel Cove canyon, and went down the south fork and then attempted to hiked out via the north fork. About 3/4 of the way up we were VERY surprised to find a buck that couldn't get out. A bit nerve wracking to run into a cornered animal! We ended up going all the way back down and took the rim as the exit, then descended carefully back the north fork to take the pic. I think it was trying to follow the water from the top of the fork, and slid down the steep ramp at the top and couldn't make it's way back. I called fish and game, and left the gps coordinates with them. It would have been a lot of work to get it out of there. Not sure what ended up happening...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Now that....is a deadcow anchor.
    Darin

4. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    I can't say how pleased I am that this thread has managed to make it to two pages.
    --Cliff

I just wish that I had read this post before trying to do Repeat Jr. last Saturday. We had a newbie with us and there was no way I was going to give up on a simple canyon descent just because of a little smell. What kind of example would that have set?

Repeat Jr still has a dead cow

Actually, it's the same dead cow to be precise. Popped in today, Sep 22nd, to have a look see. And guess what, it's still there. Right there at the bottom of the rap. Looks and smells hideous. Looks like someone or something has been eating the back end of it so all those yummy inside juices have pooled up at the backside. We walked in from the bottom and needless to say were more than thrilled we didnt just rap on in. Quick TR coming soon

Name:  P9221707.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  116.4 KB

8. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    That's friggin' funny!

When I saw that second picture I actually held my breath so I wouldn't have to smell it.

just rapped into Repeat Jr on Nov 5, 2012 and discovered the remains of the dead cow. Interestingly, it didn't smell and sounded hollow while gently trying to walk between it and the wall. Desiccation?

Quote Originally Posted by alpinejumper View Post
    just rapped into Repeat Jr on Nov 5, 2012 and discovered the remains of the dead cow. Interestingly, it didn't smell and sounded hollow while gently trying to walk between it and the wall. Desiccation?
    Sounds like its time to chop it up and make some authentic leather goods.
    Riverside Mountain Rescue Unit
    http://www.rmru.org/

Personal Website
    http://www.DrunkRedDragon.com/adventures.htm

Just hold yer breath and step/climb over the top you pussies. Breathe through your mouth. Geez, canyoneers will go to the end of the earth to find the most gnarly slot canyon in existence, and then when confronted with a dead cow lose their nerve and wuss out.

As Mr. Rogan would say: "Apparently fear was a factor for you!"
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.