Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Repeat Jr has a dead cow.

Repeat Jr has a dead cow.

Alan Knepper sent me this picture of the dead cow in Repeat Jr. I hear it is super smelly. I would suggest everyone avoid this canyon for a couple of months. If you rappel into the head of the canyon you will be forced to climb over the dead cow.

Name:  Deadcow2.jpg
Views: 1157
Size:  64.5 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Foul. Thanks for the heads up.

Best thread title ever!
    --Cliff

It does get right to the meat of the matter.

Ken

Jr has a dead cow.

Jr has a dead cow.

I heard cows can't go down stairs or walk backwards. Makes sense. Sucks to not have reverse gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootboy View Post
    I heard cows can't go down stairs or walk backwards. Makes sense. Sucks to not have reverse gear.
    Oh, they can definitely do both. Trust me, I know. I grew up on a ranch. They're just stupid.
    --Cliff

9. Likes Deathcricket liked this post

Just dump lime on it and a few trash bags of lawn leaves... Nice band aid for those who wanna run the route. just need to find a way to speed up the decomposition.

Quote Originally Posted by ilipichicuma View Post
    Oh, they can definitely do both. Trust me, I know. I grew up on a ranch. They're just stupid.
    Yup, thus they deserve to be eaten.
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

What confuses me is how it got into exactly that position. It looks like it walked in instead of falling. At least it didn't fall into some stagnant water. Dead things in a pothole are one of the few things I don't enjoy about canyoneering.

...mad cow disease...

Quote Originally Posted by dustinsc View Post
    What confuses me is how it got into exactly that position. It looks like it walked in instead of falling.
    I know the back story.... the cow walked into the slot. Near the end of the slot there are some sandstone steps. The cow climbed up the steps and reached a point where it couldn't turn around..... So.... cows might have a reverse and might be able to do stairs, but they can't do stairs in reverse...

Someone ( I think it was AJ) first found the cow when it was alive and tried to get it out. When that didn't work they found the rancher that the cow belonged to and he tried but couldn't get the cow out so it eventually died.

Almost a shame when it was still alive they, uhh, didn't "process" it on the spot...

Canyon barbecue. MMM

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    Agreed.
    --Cliff

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    Good grief...

By that logic, there are a few people I know that should have been lunch several times over.

I'm gonna eat a steak...

Quote Originally Posted by Bootboy View Post
    Good grief...

By that logic, there are a few people I know that should have been lunch several times over.

Ok, I didn't point this out before, well because this is obviously a tragic situation, but I couldn't help notice that this cow was not wearing a helmet, a rain jacket, or appropriate foot gear. Ironically, it could have been outstanding in it's field. Instead it's worm bait.

Just saying.

Ken

22. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Wocka wocka....