Thread: Uintas Highline Trail July 19-24, 2012: Need a second car

Uintas Highline Trail July 19-24, 2012: Need a second car

I'm definitely set on hiking the entire highline trail this summer. Everybody I know says I'm crazy for wanting to hike 80+ miles in 5 days. So far I'm in this alone. I have no problems with hiking the trail alone, but the big problem is how to get from one end of the trail to the other after hiking it. Hopefully this will be a positive first step for getting into distance thru-hiking.

Would anyone like to do this with me?
    itinerary: drive Thurs the 19th after work, drop a car at West end drive to East end, hike Fri-Tues, hopefully finish hiking Tuesday morning the 24th, drive back and pick up car on the East end and drive home late Tuesday night.

Would anyone like to give me a ride?
    Option 1: Give me a ride from the West trail head
    Option 2: Give me a ride from Kamas or Evanston (It's not too tough to hitchhike the Mirror Lake highway)
    Ideally you could please take me within 10 miles of Leidy Peak or near it on Highway 44 or 191
    (I'd be willing to chip in for some gas)

I'm flexible with the route, but the dates are set, and I'd prefer not having to hike more than 90 miles.

2. Likes CarpeyBiggs liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Someone has suggested that they could park their car on the East side and drop me off while driving my car to the west side and hiking the opposite direction. This means hiking at ones own pace and might work out. Still, the more the merrier, feel free to help me out.

I may be able to help you. I am looking to bag Eccentric Peak. The only problem with that is some people do not start the highline trail at Chepeta Peak, they start farther East. Is that where you intend to start?

6. Likes kballing liked this post
    I had hastily posted that I would start at Chepeta lake, but I do intend to start further East, probably nearer to Leidy peak.