Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bogley Software Update

Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    i got a question for you, 'beech. i think it relates to this. i just posted a tiny .png image (POST) and it massively expanded the photo. is this the correct behavior or am i doing something wrong? i didn't expect a small low-resolution image to be resized.
    hmmm... It must be stretching everything UP to 800 wide, everything uploaded through the "attachment" method anyways rather than "insert image", let me fix that.

By the way, still working on that window for attachments, it's butt ugly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    hmmm... It must be stretching everything UP to 800 wide, everything uploaded through the "attachment" method anyways rather than "insert image", let me fix that.
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post

I did have photo's load in reverse order on my "I fell into" thread.
    OK check it out... Using the Insert Image method, all of your photos will upload and display on bogley in the order that they appear in the "browse" window. So if your photos are sorted by name, date modified, type, or whatever.... that's the order they'll upload and appear on bogley now. Here's a demonstration with 10 simple photos, each one named with the number it displays...

I'll insert and upload first while they're sorted in descending order by name, as seen by this screenshot of my browse window:

Name:  browse 1.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  56.8 KB

And since I selected all 10, here's the order in which they uploaded:

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  3.1 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  3.7 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  3.9 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Size:  3.4 KB

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  3.8 KB

Name:  6.jpg
Size:  4.0 KB

Name:  7.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  3.3 KB

Name:  8.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  4.1 KB

Name:  9.jpg
Views: 245

Name:  10.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  4.7 KB

Now I'll sort within my browse window by name, descending.

Name:  browse 2.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  67.7 KB

And now they'll be in descending order:

Name:  10.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  4.7 KB

Name:  9.jpg
Views: 245

Name:  8.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  4.1 KB

Name:  7.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  3.3 KB

Name:  6.jpg
Size:  4.0 KB

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  3.8 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Size:  3.4 KB

Name:  3.jpg

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  3.7 KB

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  3.1 KB

So this will be relevant if you've touched up certain photos out of chronological order, and within your browse window they're sorted by date modified. Just quickly sort by name and they'll upload in the order you probably meant

So after this, I'm seeing no real reason to use the "Attachment / Asset Manager" method (the paperclip) because the Insert Image is so much easier with batch uploading. We may even consider ditching that paperclip icon because it's being problematic right now anyways. Objections?

Works for me. Nice work!

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    amazing work guys, thx

i just thought i'd ask about this because it's a new behavior (forgive me if someone has already posted about this).

when an ad is placed in a post, it shrinks the horizontal space that the post can take up since the ad is placed to the side. if the browser window is not stretched wide, it can cause massive narrowing of the post. i'm including an example below which has the browser window extended fairly wide. if the browser is narrowed to how i like it, the post is about 1 inch wide making it very difficult to read.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

also, not sure if this is a problem on my end or not, but on tapatalk, the basement shows no topics when viewing it through the Forum tab.

Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    i just thought i'd ask about this because it's a new behavior (forgive me if someone has already posted about this).

when an ad is placed in a post, it shrinks the horizontal space that the post can take up since the ad is placed to the side. if the browser window is not stretched wide, it can cause massive narrowing of the post. i'm including an example below which has the browser window extended fairly wide. if the browser is narrowed to how i like it, the post is about 1 inch wide making it very difficult to read.
    oops, those ads in the first post are only available to guests / users not logged in. We'll whack that ad I'm assuming you took that screenshot as a guest because I don't see the "Edit Post" button next to "Reply with Quote"?

We'll get rid of that ad though, not a pretty site.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    oops, those ads in the first post are only available to guests / users not logged in. We'll whack that ad I'm assuming you took that screenshot as a guest because I don't see the "Edit Post" button next to "Reply with Quote"?

We'll get rid of that ad though, not a pretty site.
    ahh i see. yeah sometimes i'm logged in sometimes out (don't always pay attention to it).

if the ads are necessary/helpful to the site, they could go above or below the post if they avoid constraining it.

thanks for the quick reply!

Not a complaint, but are we not allowed to cut and paste photos anymore? I used to be able to cross post trip reports quicky, but it seems like it doesn't work anymore. It takes much longer to cut and past a trip report now.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

I got a little confused in the posts about Marking Forums Read about whether it was fixed or not...am I doing something wrong, because it's not working for me?

Quote Originally Posted by keithd View Post
    I got a little confused in the posts about Marking Forums Read about whether it was fixed or not...am I doing something wrong, because it's not working for me?
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Not a complaint, but are we not allowed to cut and paste photos anymore? I used to be able to cross post trip reports quicky, but it seems like it doesn't work anymore. It takes much longer to cut and past a trip report now.
    Just a quick test from utahmountainbiking... looks like it's working on my end, are you still having this problem? What browser are you using? Can you give me an example link that won't work to copy and paste from?

Here are two that I took from corner canyon!

Attachments:
    File comment: Clark's in the fall

Clark's in the fall.jpg [ 167.14 KiB | Viewed 381 times ]
    File comment: Ghost Falls in the fall

Ghost Falls in the Fall.jpg [ 167.65 KiB | Viewed 381 times ]

Post subject: Re: Photo Contest ($200 map set as prize) for Trail Map Cove
    Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:47 pm
    AF Canyon...Love those trails.

Attachments:
    File comment: Only Because it was today 5.19.12

Various Rides 012 2.jpg [ 164.92 KiB | Viewed 356 times ]
    File comment: Ants knoll

ants knoll.jpg [ 514.56 KiB | Viewed 356 times ]

Mark Forums Read is finally fixed, sorry it took so long. (from the top navigation bar)

Another little issue I'm working on is when there are multiple pages to a thread, your current page isn't highlighted....

16. Likes blueeyes liked this post

The Quick Reply box where you type in text doesn

Just a quick test from utahmountainbiking... looks like it's working on my end, are you still having this problem? What browser are you using? Can you give me an example link that won't work to copy and paste from?
    Still no luck. I'm using Internet Explorer.

Example link:

http://www.summitpost.org/a-return-t...-report/792541

Here's what I get from cut and paste:

May 12 2012

Kimberly, Shaylee, Kessler and I decided to make a quick canyoneering trip to South Fork Buckwater Draw. We chose this canyon because it can be done on a day trip from our house.

We made our way to the canyon before dropping down the steep slope and into the canyon. The action started immediately and we had a lot of fun with all the down climbs and the two rappels. The kids did great on the downclimbs and their skills have increased much in the last year. After enjoying the canyon it was time to pay the piper and we had to climb out of the canyon. We were tired by the time we reached the vehicle again.

The photos will tell the story.

Downclimbing on of the minor obstacles.

Shaylee on the first rap in South Fork Buckwater.

One of the challenging downclimbs along the route.

One of the many boulders in the canyon.

Shaylee having fun in South Fork Buckwater Draw.

Kimberly downclimbing an obstacle in South Fork Buckwater Draw.

Shaylee and Kessler in the slot.

Having fun in the South Fork Buckwater Draw.

One of the tricky downclimbs.

Kimberly on a downclimb.

Shaylee on the last dryfall.

This is the lower end of Buckwater Draw.

Shaylee holding a giant moth in Buckwater Draw.

The lower and very deep end of Buckwater Draw.

This is the lower end of Buckwater Draw.

Some of the pretty sandstone bluffs as seen from the exit of Buckwater Draw.

Climbing out part of the steep exit in Buckwater Draw.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Dang, sorry Scott, it's working fine for me I'm using Firefox though, let me try IE

May 12 2012

Kimberly, Shaylee, Kessler and I decided to make a quick canyoneering trip to South Fork Buckwater Draw. We chose this canyon because it can be done on a day trip from our house.

We made our way to the canyon before dropping down the steep slope and into the canyon. The action started immediately and we had a lot of fun with all the down climbs and the two rappels. The kids did great on the downclimbs and their skills have increased much in the last year. After enjoying the canyon it was time to pay the piper and we had to climb out of the canyon. We were tired by the time we reached the vehicle again.

Downclimbing on of the minor obstacles.

Shaylee on the first rap in South Fork Buckwater.

One of the challenging downclimbs along the route.

OK here I'm trying both copying and pasting in Internet Explorer from your link.

EDIT, OK I see the symptoms in IE9.... strange. OK, let me look into this.

May 12 2012

Kimberly, Shaylee, Kessler and I decided to make a quick
    canyoneering trip to South Fork Buckwater Draw. We chose this canyon because it
    can be done on a day trip from our house.

We made our way to the canyon
    before dropping down the steep slope and into the canyon. The action started
    immediately and we had a lot of fun with all the down climbs and the two
    rappels. The kids did great on the downclimbs and their skills have increased
    much in the last year. After enjoying the canyon it was time to pay the piper
    and we had to climb out of the canyon. We were tired by the time we reached the
    vehicle again.

Downclimbing on of the
    minor obstacles.

Shaylee on the first rap
    in South Fork Buckwater.

One of the challenging
    downclimbs along the route.

OK, for some reason when copying from Internet Explorer, when the tables are pasted it removes the summitpost.org url and replaces it with bogley.com, but it doesn't do that with Firefox. Strange because I've got no modification to do that, it must be the way it tries to store the images locally. Let me continue to look into this, but just to confirm that the problem does not exist in Firefox.