Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bogley Software Update

Bogley Software Update

Bogley Peeps,

You may have noticed that the site was down for maintenance last night. @Sombeech and I were working on a big update that we just finished. We started at 9 pm last night and its now just past 5 am! It didn't go exactly as planned (hence the all nighter), but hell we made it. This is an update that we have been working on for months and months. It will give us added security and a long list of other new functionality/features that I am too tired to list right now.

You might see a few styling or layout issues in places that we will fix in the coming days. It should all be useable at this point, but there are some tweaks that we need to make. A few areas might be slightly different too, but not hard to figure out. It all comes with the territory when you are doing software updates. I wanna also give a shout out to my buddy @jowchie for helping us with some styling items, etc and he will help us fix some things tomorrow too.

Now I'm going to crash and get a couple hours sleep before I have to get up for my real job.

Cheers,

-acca

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Some of the new features from the update include:
    • Youtu.be links are embeddable now along with youtube.com
    • Chrome users can upload photos from their computer now
    • Through the "Insert Image" button, your photos will upload in order (finally!)
    • Quoting a post with an image in it, the image appears in the quoted post
    • Autosaving your draft as you write every 30 seconds
    • Drag the bottom right corner of the reply box for easy resizing
    • Dynamic response width on photos uploaded in post, the width will adjust to your monitor resolution
    • And various other security patches, bug fixes, and database repairs.

As @accadacca says, there were a couple of things that took much longer than expected last night so we finally got it up and running to a "tolerable" state. We have a small To Do list which includes a couple other visual alignments here and there.

We've been testing this upgrade for a few months but with just the couple of us, so sometimes we don't notice issues that happen with the masses. So if you notice any features that don't work that did before, please let us know by replying here. As we fix a couple of items throughout the day, we'll try to make the switch as quickly as possible to avoid confusion.

Thanks for your patience.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Great job you 2!!

I did have photo's load in reverse order on my "I fell into" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    I did have photo's load in reverse order on my "I fell into" thread.
    Hmmm, ok I'll take a look at that. Prior to this were they uploading in a random order?

No--they always loaded in the same order that I uploaded them.

Also--right now, I can't "mark all forums read"

not bitchin' at all, just pointing out

Blog Entries
    Great! Thanks for the hard work!

Btw - any new skins/themes?
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Took a screen shot and attached. With this new update I can only see half a picture on my work computer. You can scroll but still only get to see a portion of the photo. Do I need to change settings on computer?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    Took a screen shot and attached. With this new update I can only see half a picture on my work computer. You can scroll but still only get to see a portion of the photo. Do I need to change settings on computer?
    Sorry 'bout that, this is one of the top priorities this morning. You'll currently see a scroll bar at the bottom to scroll back and forth but the goal is to have the image dynamically adjust to your monitor size. Hopefully within an hour this will be fixed.

Tapatalk had some issues viewing images, but according to our testing it has been resolved now. Please let us know

I'm no longer able to log in with Tapatalk.

thanks, guys! you rock

My hats off to you boys.
    I am not a techy type but have a few friends that are and I do understand the amount of personal time and hard work it takes just by watching my friends that can do this sort of thing.
    So if nothing else I kinda of understand the amount of work involved and all I can say is thank you.
    You guys friggin ROCK
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

Quote Originally Posted by Luce View Post
    I'm no longer able to log in with Tapatalk.
    Hey Matt did it log you out, or had it been a while since you logged in?

Can you view the forum in tapatalk as a guest? What phone OS are you on?

I do hate my back button now.

It's like every dam step of the way instead of quick and painless.
    Just saying but you guys rock and it's a field of undo respect but very much appreciated from this here lowly member.
    Great job and keep up the great work that you do please.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Hey Matt did it log you out, or had it been a while since you logged in?

Can you view the forum in tapatalk as a guest? What phone OS are you on?

I logged me out and will not allow me to log back in. I can view as a guest. I was on it over the weekend. iOS 5.1.1

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Sorry 'bout that, this is one of the top priorities this morning. You'll currently see a scroll bar at the bottom to scroll back and forth but the goal is to have the image dynamically adjust to your monitor size. Hopefully within an hour this will be fixed.
    Looks like it is mostly fixed, still a bit of a scroll bar but not nearly as bad as earlier this morning. Thx, you guys do rock!
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by Luce View Post
    I logged me out and will not allow me to log back in. I can view as a guest. I was on it over the weekend. iOS 5.1.1
    Hmm, one of my phones had me logged in, the other logged me out! I see your problem, I'll get on it.

Tell ya what... Another benefit to the upgrade I forgot to mention was the mobile style. It's not all styled yet but it works. If you just navigate to www.bogley.com/forum on your phone, you should automatically pick up the mobile style now. So if we can't get this Tapatalk working tonight go ahead and give that a try. Maybe it'll even be a better, FREE option?

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    Also--right now, I can't "mark all forums read"

not bitchin' at all, just pointing out

Same here. I get:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce