Thread: Burro-Cottonwood-road&canyon conditions

Burro-Cottonwood-road&canyon conditions

I see some recent reports on Burro. How about Cottonwood (water wise) or Fivemile?

Also, how's the road to the upper Trailheads for Burro-Cottonwood-Fivemile. Subaru-able?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I can't comment on those canyons but Notom-Bullfrog Rd was in excellent condition last weekend. They are doing road work at the North end and on weekdays it could be an issue. They're paving another 6 miles!
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    I see some recent reports on Burro. How about Cottonwood (water wise) or Fivemile?

Also, how's the road to the upper Trailheads for Burro-Cottonwood-Fivemile. Subaru-able?
    Scott,

Burro was very, very dry last Wednesday. I bet the water is pretty low in Cottonwood and Fivemile.

The road to the top trailheads was dry and passable (a truck passed us when we were hiking). If you can get your Subaru through Pleasant Creek, I bet you can go the rest of the way down. I am not 100% certain that the creek it is Subaru-able.

Hope this helps.

Bob
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

We've driven a Subaru through that creek before, but I don't know what kind of condition it's in this year.
    --Cliff