Thread: Video: Bryce to Moab* Hike

Video: Bryce to Moab* Hike

Heya Bogley --

Remember last month I was asking about Behind the Rocks? I was gearing up for a hike from Bryce to Moab. I should have just finished this weekend, but... everthing didn't go like I'd hoped.

I ended up adandoning the hike on Day 11 after getting an infected blister and a severe strain in my lower leg. It's the first time ever I've had to quit a hike because of an injury -- so it was a major bummer.

BUT -- it was still a good trip and I had a good time exploring some new-to-me places like Stone Donkey Canyon, Rush Beds, Collet Canyon, Red Breaks and Little Death Hollow.

Below is the shorter "recap" video. BUT, if you really want the full story please check out the longer video on YouTube or read the full trip report via my site.

Thanks... and hope to hit Behind the Rocks some day soon!

- Jamal

http://youtu.be/--3P5XkMw0I

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Another awesome video, Jamal.

That ice in Right Fork Collett Canyon (?) was very interesting. Can't imagine how thick it must have been before it started to melt...

Thanks for sharing another excellent adventure captured on tape.

Being smart about hiking allows you to hike another day. Sorry you had to bail though! LOVE YOUR VIDS! Thanks for sharing!!!
    [COLOR=#800080][FONT=franklin gothic medium]"Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L

Another outstanding production. Hope you're healing up nicely, thank you for sharing your adventures!

Great vid! Thanks for sharing.

Hey Jammer, if you're up for a partner on something like this, let me know. I can pull this off...I'm self employed and know the country there quite well. I've always wanted to start near Blanding, hike over the Abajos to Hite Marina, over the Henry's to Halls Creek, a modified version of the Hayduke trail over the Kiaparowits ending up at Lee's Ferry. It can be done in stages with a day off/resupply between big boys...talk about serious backcountry. I've done most of this stuff but never "linked" them. The Escalante portion would be a piece of cake because I've been all over that place, I don't even need a map in there anymore. Unless you're a hermit, consider it.

Great video! I watched the long version and it was very entertaining. That's quite a hike man! WoW!

...fantastic, Jamal!
    THX for sharing!

Awesome!! Just finished watching the 22 min. version. What an epic adventure! We were in Paria/Bryce/Escalante 2 weeks ago, but just doing namby-pamby day hikes in the canyons and trails there.

It doesn't take much hiking in deep, soft sand to really wear you down, that is for sure. So, I'm impressed you were able to do that for large parts of several days!

Looking forward to your LDH - Moab leg .
    Sonya

Art & photography blog

Facebook Studio Page

"I lost my virginity, but I still have the box it came in"

Thanks all. I've been offline a lot since getting back. Would like to put together part 2 this fall -- just don't know if schedule is going to allow for it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Hey Jammer, if you're up for a partner on something like this, let me know.
    I will admit I'm a bit of a hermit -- but do think it's fun to meet up with people for streches when possible. The logistics are usually just tough. But, if you have a flexible schedule that definitely makes it easier. I'll post when I'm about to set out again and we can see if we can make something work -- not exactely sure what will be on tap next unless I really go back and finish this one.

Until then... I have to get back to work. :(

- JG