Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1389

Thread: Stocks

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Dow crests 30,000 points on vaccine hopes, Biden transition
    https://www.ksl.com/article/50054751...den-transition

Meanwhile, millions of Americans are either unemployed or bankrupted from Covid lockdowns. Small business owners - especially in Democrat run states - are living off savings and may never recover.

But it's a good thing wall street is doing well. The disparity between wall street and main street in this country is staggering.

The Robin Hood trading crowd are operating with the pedal to the metal and the blinders on but something has to give because the Dow is NOT an accurate economic representation of this country under the current conditions.
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 11-24-2020 at 10:35 AM.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yeah, I wonder what's going to happen to the DOW when ol' Joe puts the whole country under his thumb and won't let anyone go back to work for a month and a half.

It makes me think of my daughter. We're all stuck at home right now because a couple of us got the COVID, so she's working from home and hasn't been able to go out for a while. She's all pissed off about it, but she voted for Biden because she gets her news from tik-tok and twitter. It'll be interesting what happens when she gets more of what she asked for. She won't like it, but refuses to see it for what it really is.

4. Likes oldno7, rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Meanwhile, millions of Americans are either unemployed or bankrupted from Covid lockdowns. Small business owners - especially in Democrat run states - are living off savings and may never recover.

But it's a good thing wall street is doing well. The disparity between wall street and main street in this country is staggering.

The Robin Hood trading crowd are operating with the pedal to the metal and the blinders on but something has to give because the Dow is NOT an accurate economic representation of this country under the current conditions.
    A lot of people made a LOT of money this year. Not trying to brag, but I'm getting ready to spend $130K on a fancy truck and camper and I didn't have to work a single second for it. There's always winners and losers...same thing is going to happen with the next 4 "Biden" years...position yourself right and there's money to be made.

Speaking of work, I've done far more of it this year than I wanted to. My "plan" was for more play, less work...but the phone rang off the hook, I raised my rate (again) and none of my friends ventured away from home this summer so I just got after it. I wasn't planning on buying that camper for another 3 years (it was going to be a 60th birthday present to myself) but pulled the trigger now as to literally force me not to say "yes" anymore to so much work...can't paint a house when I'm in the middle of Montana for 3 weeks.

Anyway, damn near every guy I've met who works in the trades is swamped. I've got long time customers moving into much bigger homes...in fact I'm booked from now 'till the end of the year just working on the interior of two monster houses. The salesman at the Ford dealer where I bought my new truck told me even the bums that work there are selling cars.

But you're right...there's a lot of people that got pummeled with this attack...and an attack is exactly what it was/is. I was thinking about this the other day...how so many (including myself) just sailed thru this year without any reproductions whatsoever while others were laid low. This may sound a bit selfish, but I really don't feel sorry for them...I was dirt poor, foolish and naive at one time, too. I'm just glad I'm not my 25 year old self right now.

Which brings us to the big picture look of this whole situation...it's the haves vs. the have nots. We live in a country of great wealth and opportunity, and those that are willing to willing to put aside instant gratification and/or get their asses to work (hours, lots of hours, baby) can make it just as well as I did. But you've got those that just can't keep up and they're pissed...so the elites use that anger to divide us while giving noting to their so called "coalition" but lip service.

In other words, I think the economy as it is, is just fine. It'll chug on while leaving the human debris in its wake just like it always has. IMO, the biggest hit the poor are going to take is a large increase in gas prices and increases in rent to cover expenses. Yeah, it sucks to be poor, and it's going to suck even worse going forward. What gets me is that these dummies vote for the very people that bring down the pain...hypnotized by false promises and outright lies.

Not much compassion, huh? Well...I paid my dues and climbed that mountain...and while I'm up here the last thing I'm going to do is huck handfuls of cash to those wallowing bellow. Instead I'm looking over the edge saying "I made it, so can you"...get off your ass.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

So from here what I see happening is that Biden is inaugurated and will almost immediately seek to get a handle on Covid by imposing another 6week lockdown. This will make the situation worse but never fear, another trillion dollar stimulus package will be sent out.

And at some point inflation will rear it's ugly head. Those that are well off will do ok but those on the bottom rung will continue to get pummelled.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Those that are well off will do ok but those on the bottom rung will continue to get pummelled.
    And thats how life works.

If you hate the bottom--get off it.

The only hiccup is it requires effort....

I remember slow times in my business, every day during those times, I looked for ways to get busy and accel.

Not easy, takes commitment most lack.

Thats why most small business' fail--lack of commitment to busting your ass.

I've worked outside at -20 and 105* but I worked.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    A lot of people made a LOT of money this year. Not trying to brag, but I'm getting ready to spend $130K on a fancy truck and camper and I didn't have to work a single second for it. There's always winners and losers...same thing is going to happen with the next 4 "Biden" years...position yourself right and there's money to be made.

Speaking of work, I've done far more of it this year than I wanted to. My "plan" was for more play, less work...but the phone rang off the hook, I raised my rate (again) and none of my friends ventured away from home this summer so I just got after it. I wasn't planning on buying that camper for another 3 years (it was going to be a 60th birthday present to myself) but pulled the trigger now as to literally force me not to say "yes" anymore to so much work...can't paint a house when I'm in the middle of Montana for 3 weeks.

Anyway, damn near every guy I've met who works in the trades is swamped. I've got long time customers moving into much bigger homes...in fact I'm booked from now 'till the end of the year just working on the interior of two monster houses. The salesman at the Ford dealer where I bought my new truck told me even the bums that work there are selling cars.

But you're right...there's a lot of people that got pummeled with this attack...and an attack is exactly what it was/is. I was thinking about this the other day...how so many (including myself) just sailed thru this year without any reproductions whatsoever while others were laid low. This may sound a bit selfish, but I really don't feel sorry for them...I was dirt poor, foolish and naive at one time, too. I'm just glad I'm not my 25 year old self right now.

Which brings us to the big picture look of this whole situation...it's the haves vs. the have nots. We live in a country of great wealth and opportunity, and those that are willing to willing to put aside instant gratification and/or get their asses to work (hours, lots of hours, baby) can make it just as well as I did. But you've got those that just can't keep up and they're pissed...so the elites use that anger to divide us while giving noting to their so called "coalition" but lip service.

In other words, I think the economy as it is, is just fine. It'll chug on while leaving the human debris in its wake just like it always has. IMO, the biggest hit the poor are going to take is a large increase in gas prices and increases in rent to cover expenses. Yeah, it sucks to be poor, and it's going to suck even worse going forward. What gets me is that these dummies vote for the very people that bring down the pain...hypnotized by false promises and outright lies.

Not much compassion, huh? Well...I paid my dues and climbed that mountain...and while I'm up here the last thing I'm going to do is huck handfuls of cash to those wallowing bellow. Instead I'm looking over the edge saying "I made it, so can you"...get off your ass.
    Well said here. If you would have asked me at the end of March how this year would have turned out, I wouldn't have thought for a moment I'd have made this much money. 2017-2019 was very good for me and I was ready to batten down the hatches when all lock downs hit this spring, and I lost about $25k in commissions in March. But I am gonna have doubled my income from last year when all is said and done. If you can bust your ass the money will still be out there. This is one of the reasons I don't get all that wrapped up on who the president is, I'll survive either way.
    Thanos was right

9. Likes Byron, devo_stevo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    I don't get all that wrapped up on who the president is, I'll survive either way.
    Yeah, I'm with ya there...however, the dog I have in the fight is that when the rubber hits the road, it can really matter. One coalition or another will be served...and I prefer the "conservative" angle. Seems to the the liberal thing is a lot of talk and little action. I hardly think allowing a grown man wearing a dress to enter a bathroom with a 12 year old girl inside is a "victory" for those that run around with rainbow flag T-shirts.

But hey...most of us see the world thru different "reality goggles" as I call them. It's all good, but violence, threats, extortion, intimidation, destruction and ANYONE that refuses or half ass "denounces" it is on my shit list.

Trump was an anomaly...the "Ross Perot" that took 25 more years to come to fruition. Now things go back to "normal"...Clinton, Bush, Obama.

EDIT: You are correct sir...Thanos was right.

I'm a short term trader and have been holding these a long time, for me.

Took some profit on QQQ today as it is making all time high.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

So the buttload of Ford stock I bought back in March just went over $9 a share...daddy like.

When I bought it, I figured to dump it when it hit $10...but I just might get greedy and wait until it his 12.

Never, never be a wallflower...especially when the good stuff is staring you right in the face.

I put in for some Air Bnb on the IPO and was assigned 30 shares at $68.

It popped to $155 (or $165) and I sold. Same day ~$3k, today.

Pure luck, but nice bonus while walking GA.

14. Likes Iceaxe, oldno7 liked this post
    ^ Of course watch it go to $300 next week. But I'll potentially re-enter after the lockup, or after a post exuberance selloff, was my thinking.

17. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Exited all QQQ's this morning.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    Exited all QQQ's this morning.

Nice. Just three days removed from the most recent highs. I expect a pullback is imminent?

Rand Paul's speech about the relief bill was excellent. This endless money printing, and lack of business activity behind it, isn't going to end well.

Stocks might very well do fine, but we're all being made poorer. Once home and rested, I've got some real planning to do for the long term.

Nice. Just three days removed from the most recent highs. I expect a pullback is imminent?
    Triple divergence on RSI

May be more to the upside but I'm happy putting profits in my pocket and waiting for a calmer climate to re enter.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

22. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Just bought some Ford--8.68

Good pullback from 9.50

Will buy more if lower

I really want 8.20

With 7.40 very much a target as well

Then 6.73

If biden gets in, I wouldn't be surprised to test or exceed last years low.

AND--don't take stock advice from me, as soon as I see a decent profit on my system, it will be sold.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

24. Likes Byron liked this post
    teeny bit more F at 8.62
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Decent system buy at 8.51

I don't want to hold this for very long at all.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

When I purchase a stock on a system buy--I immediately set a STOP LOSS order to limit my losses.FYI
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

28. Likes Byron liked this post

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum