Page 49 of 70 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Stocks

Quote Originally Posted by dougrz View Post
    You all are gutsier than I am.
    No shit! I got a pair of huge brass balls... if you listen carefully you can even hear them clanking when I walk.

ROFLMAO

Climb-Utah.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wow. Just wow. The Fed announced here on Sunday rates being slashed to 0%.

I don't know how the market will react. The obvious is serious juice to stocks. But this is also a psychological crisis, and such a move could be viewed as confirmation that serious trouble is coming.

What a stunning week. Am watching the futures.

Edit: initial futures action is -1%. Boy, this week could be brutal if this final bazooka shot doesn't do anything.

Edit 2:. Futures slowly bleeding.

Edit 3: Initial headlines were zero. Actual is 0 to 0.25%. 100 basis point cut.

4. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    Futures are decidedly down, -4.5% currently. We're headed way, way low. This will be a week of historic losses looks like.

Edit: just rampant fear being discussed in investing circles. More closures, more alerts. The market will not respond to normal economic inputs. Just no telling what will happen. Keep your head and hunt out badly oversold names.

CO alert this afternoon.

This is only going to accelerate. Think how the public is going to behave, the markets will follow.

This is going to be a killer low to buy, just have to be patient.

More outstanding buying opportunities coming tomorrow.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    More outstanding buying opportunities coming tomorrow.
    I still think we're not at maximum panic. That will come about a week or two into widespread lockdowns. When we start hearing, "Will life ever return to normal?" "This virus will just keep coming back each year, life as we know it is done."

Or put it this way. When you personally start getting worried, that's the bottom. I have a few key people I monitor. When they finally break and get a bit worried and can't stomach something, bottom is in.

Don't think I'm not battling the panic to a certain extent. To be honest, if we saw the bottom last week I would've been disappointed. I'm planning on a further drop, so news of a further drop is a welcomed sight.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Don't think I'm not battling the panic to a certain extent. To be honest, if we saw the bottom last week I would've been disappointed. I'm planning on a further drop, so news of a further drop is a welcomed sight.
    To compound this, we have two panics. Market and virus. I have zero personal health virus panic and never will, unless it mutates and grows to a 25% mortality rate. Market panic, I will get there eventually.

Which panic are you talking about having a bit of?

To compound this, we have two panics. Market and virus. I have zero personal health virus panic and never will, unless it mutates and grows to a 25% mortality rate. Market panic, I will get there eventually.

Which panic are you talking about having a bit of?
    I'm not worried about the virus from a personal health standpoint. Even if I contract Covid I'm young and in good health and should pull out just fine.

The market panic is what I'm mostly concerned with. I just remind myself that deep market drops snap back just as fast in most cases. Panic selling is almost always a very bad idea.

Pre market action is 9 to 13% down across various names. Looking like -2300 on the open. Futures were suspended last night it appears, so no hard opening number.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    -2500 here

opening may be interesting
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

The virus is no big deal...I think we've all been watching too many zombie movies. BTW, "Zombieland Double Tap" was pretty funny.

Everybody cashin' in on all that money that piled up in the last 10 years. I reckon they'll be a whole bunch of new cars, trucks and toys being bought this summer. Remodel projects, too.

Two or three weeks before everyone gets itching to go back to work. I can't see it going on much longer than that.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Indeed, -2470 and falling. Word of a domestic air travel shutdown on the table.

15k is coming based on the current path of last night's CDC call for gatherings of 50+ to stop for 8 weeks. That's a long time. If summer doesn't knock this out, we're looking sub-10k in a few months on a very large economic contraction. Though I do expect warm weather to help take it out.
    @twotimer , consider what others in the market think. The economic damage from the actual virus pales compared to the levers being pulled. I'm afraid the media's plan to destroy, literally destroy, life as we know it before this election has worked. China is pushing our media to accelerate the carnage. We've seen that in the quick deflection of blame from China by our talking heads, with heaped condemnation of Trump.

@twotimer , consider what others in the market think.
    Sure...I reckon they're trying to decide wether or not to go with the leather interior.

Your points are considerable, but if the liberal puppet masters think this is the thing to bring down Trump...I can't see it coming to fruition. Joe Biden?...c'mon.

Another fail.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

17. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Mountain Man
    I'm watching the bank preferreds this morning. They've rallied a bit, actually. Which is what I expected, they're awfully safe. I was hoping for a panic sell in them, though.

Edit: take that back. I'm not seeing trades this morning yet. Which makes sense since the first circuit breaker tripped on opening.

Put in a limit order for BML-H at $17.50. Trading at 18.10 currently.

VSTO on fire---again.

Been a great fear stock
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    VSTO on fire---again.

Been a great fear stock
    It has. I didn't expect a gun run from this. I thought it would be food only. I don't anticipate mass societal chaos and rioting and looting. We're going the reverse: mass shut ins and lack of activity.

But the psychology of fear apparently encompasses all modes of stockpiling. We might start to hear of water pressures dropping as people start filling doomsday cisterns?

22. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Mathematically--support in the dow is 20,379.(hit today--20,387, basically dead on)

That comes from a 2017 low.

Last thursday I was 85% back in the indices(mutual fund)

After today--I'll be 90%

Not too worried one way or the other.

Trading stocks during this drop has been good, mostly VSTO and CGC
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'd normally look to technicals as well, and that's bread and butter for the options trading I do.

I can't get out from under this fact: the media and silicon valley want this. They want maximum chaos, in society and the markets. This isn't solely market dynamics, and consequently technicals, at play.

Still harping on my conspiracies, yes.

25. Likes oldno7 liked this post

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum